Respected Contributor

I am looking at decor at Pier 1 and Grandin Road. My current holiday decor is Winter with white, silver, abit of glitter and lots of owls.  A touch of red berries. I am noticing a lot of pink/blush out there. Do you use blush?

Honored Contributor

No I don't....I usually do monotone trees  But I love your Owl theme!

Respected Contributor

I don't use blush, but I think it's really pretty.  I rarely change my decor to move with trends because I can't bear to give up my traditional tartan plaid.  It's hard to resist some of the newer color stories, though.  

I did change up my autumn decor to the newer pale green and grey and ivory.  Somehow, when it's still so hot outside, it works better for me to have the cooler colors with autumn motifs like gourds and pumpkins.

Esteemed Contributor

I love the color blush. I decorate with white and gold. I'll mix blush with gold in a heartbeat. I noticed that theywere featuring "coastal" Christmas decor using teal, blush and silver. I did purchase the TSV  sllim tree so I may decorate that with the blush for either the dining room or family room.  

Super Contributor

I use traditional colors at Christmas - red with a touch of gold.  I have noticed some red and black buffalo check sneaking in my decor though.  I do think blush is very pretty.

Honored Contributor

I like the idea of changing up Christmas colors from year to year.  It keeps things interesting.

Esteemed Contributor

Last year was my first with a flocked tree. So went with the blush and pastels.  Gave my Christmas house a whole new look. Loved it.  Everyone complimented the decorations . You are right about the berries, may have to add some.  Have to  give Lisa Robertson credit for branching me out on this trend.  This woman decorated trees with different palettes with sheer joy.  All look exquisite.   She creates so many unique looks.  Will go with the pastels again but Lisa showed how all the red and burgundies just bring out beauty. 

Honored Contributor

@traveler   I only use blush in Spring decor, beautiful.

Respected Contributor

I have a friend that decorates her trees with cream and blush and they are lovely.

Honored Contributor

I don't.  Not because I don't like it, because I do, but because I use what I have on hand year after year.

I hope you post some pics for us, @traveler . Especially the owls.  I think we ALL love owls.  I have two Harry Potter Hedwig owls that come out this time of year, plus a ceramic owl with cutouts for a light to shine through.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.