Honored Contributor

Pier 1 Lanterns for Holidays

[ Edited ]

Went to a larger one yesterday & I loved all the holiday scenes in the lanterns.  I don't know why I never thought about doing this as I have many lanterns.  

The salegirl told me they sell "kits" took a look but at $24.99-30.00 I decided to check out Dollar Tree for items.  Found nice "miniature" scenes there & at Hobby Lobby found small bottle brush trees (50% off).

Now to recreate the scenes.  I definitely plan to go to Pier 1 for after Christmas sale.  Love their things!

34FA2EB1-E800-4AEE-AB25-4D465804ACB7.jpeg

5B79DED7-27C2-401A-B327-E60F017FF686.jpeg

F2CB8B62-57DB-4923-B753-BF50B1679941.jpeg

Honored Contributor

Re: Pier 1 Laterns for Holidays

@homedecor1 Oh very pretty.

Honored Contributor

Re: Pier 1 Lanterns for Holidays

I do that with my lanterns....I have lots of picks and other stuff that I hoarded from year to year.  I have been know to pick apart an old arrangement (before throwing away the ugly stuff) and keep the pretty things to decorate with......sometimes I open a box and wonder why in the world I saved 'that'!!

Honored Contributor

Love Pier One.  Their Christmas clearance is the only one I go to.

Honored Contributor

@Mom2Dogs 

Me too I think I salvage anything from floral displays & after Christmas sales for many years I'm sure I've "hoarded" a lot.

This year I plan to bring down all the boxes stored in attic. I'm sure I'll be surprised what's in them!

Normally, I travel home and decorate from what I don't store up the attic.  This year I'll be home first weeks of December so I'm looking forward to enjoying putting up a tree and inside decorating since I'll be here for Christmas.

I don't know why I never thought of decorating inside of the lanterns -- please share some of your pics or ideas.  I just do the "boring candle with candle rings".

Thank you!

Respected Contributor

I love lanterns and don't have any.   I won't shop at Hobby Lobby but will check Pier 1 and a few other places when they all go on sale.  Thanks for posting.  Yours are very cute. 

I'm also going to look for snowmen.  I have a few and want to add more.  I told DH that I might have more enthusiasm for xmas decorating if I wasn't putting out stuff I've had forever.  So my plan is to lanterns and snowmen/women and donate a lot of my current things.  

Honored Contributor

@Bridgegal 

I buy most my lanterns at Old Time Pottery they usually have good sales.  This store is my "downfall" it has everything for your home & is a liquidation store so it's "hit or miss"!

There are lanterns on sale (clearance) at Pier 1 -- I have my eye a few.

Thats what my plan is this year -- simple and easy.  I have lots of VPH pieces and sometimes when it's all lit I feel like I'm in "disney haunted mansion"😉

This year I'm definitely re-thinking my decor especially since I bought a nice tree & want it to be the focal point.   Already donated 3 boxes of Fall/Halloween.  

Honored Contributor

Love that store. I saw those lanterns too!

Respected Contributor

Great idea - I will be at the Dollar Store today!

Esteemed Contributor

Pier 1 is my favorite store.  I was in BBB yesterday for k-cups and they have a ton of Christmas items. Red lanterns with mercury glass that look like VPH and those light up spheres but these are acrylic. Nice things and a range of pricing.