Honored Contributor

Pics with new Valerie decor pieces added...

[ Edited ]

Hello All,

Well, I got some new pieces of Valerie's and I'm pleased with most of them. I'll share my reviews/info/pics on them all.

I'll begin by giving you the link to a thread I started when I initially put out our Spring decor several weeks ago so you can compare what it looked like then and now with updated pics I'm sharing below...

https://community.qvc.com/t5/Holiday/Spring-Summer-decorating-complete-pics/td-p/5214219

The 1st pic below is with one of 2 brown bunnies I ordered that were VPH's Q2BigDeal (H217706). The other one I will put on top of our curio cabinet after Easter. I will say there is a design flaw. When the batteries are put into the lantern, it would only take a feather to knock it down. I had to put two large gobs of 'mounting putty' on the bunny's behind and then press down to make the piece stable. The down side is unfortunately it limits where one can place the piece. It has to be a hard surface. By my putting one on top of the fridge with the 'mounting putty', it won't harm the surface of the fridge. As for the curio cabinet on top, noone will see any marks left if it hurts the wood for an extended period of time. 

For those that had ideas of putting it outside, all I can say is good luck. As for indoors, well, unless you find a way to stablize it, you risk breaking the piece or other things if it falls from a shelf/mantel, etc. For those that have this bunny like I do, test yours out with batteries in the lantern. Put one hand cupped in front of the bunny's face so it won't topple over (while testing) and use your other hand with just one finger to gently push the bunny from the back of the head and you will be able to see for yourself.

That is what makes the front of the piece 'front heavy'. For those who had plans on putting it on a sideboard table, center of diningroom table, end table, etc, try and find a way to make it more stable for yourself. Because 'mounting putty' is not perfect, it can harm wood finished surfaces over time, I wouldn't use the putty unless you know if the putty left a mark it won't be seen after you change out your decor. For example, nobody is going to climb a step stool and look at the surface on top of our wall unit or curio cabinet...LOL

However, if you have glass top surfaces or you wish to place it on a counter top, I'm sure using 'mounting putty' would work fine.

I gave the Q2BigDeal a 4 star rating...love it, but took one star off for the design flaw.

P4830938.JPG

I also got 3 of the 8" mosaic cracked eggs in 'pearl' (H218303) and the pair of bunnies (H217934)...both of which I LOVE and gave both a 5 star rating. Here are a few pics of them below...

Top of curio cabinet...

P4830965.JPG

The blue MG sphere in the center with the gold and the green one is actually a periwinkle and matches the lavender hue of the mosaic eggs and flowers well. The pic doesn't show it well though...

P4830705.JPG

And a close-up...

P4830921.JPG 

I also ordered the crosses (H217928) but I returned them immediately. There is no nice way of putting it...they are JUNK!

This was what I wrote for my 1-star review:

"I could have found better quality at the dollar store...no joke. I ordered one of each...Grace, Faith and Love. All of them had extremely sloppy painting and 2 of them had large gaping holes at the bottom from the casting. They are all being returned and as far as I am concerned, they are defective. I already called CS to make sure I will be getting my money back for the S&H."

Honored Contributor

Re: Pics with new Valerie decor pieces added...

@Susan Louise 

So sorry to hear about the design flaw ith the bunny and the lantern.  I would let Valerie know on her Facebook Page.  But despite that everything looks lovely...Woman Very Happy.Heart

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Respected Contributor

@Susan Louise  Looking good so far! I didn't get the TSV but I did get the plaid bunny children, the plaid topiary and a set of the plaid eggs. They are really cute and I am just tickled with them. I also got a couple of the foil egg candle rings and they are nice also. That's too bad about the TSV - can't believe they were not aware of this problem. I did see something similar at Pier One but I don't know how large it was.

I am itching to decorate but we are having house guests for most of the next two weeks and I've been working my behind off getting the house cleaned and some casseroles and cookies made to put in the freezer. I can't start until they are gone.

Honored Contributor

The bunny with the lantern is my favorite.  I passed on it because I have something similar.  I'm actually on my second one because they are very fragil.  My lantern is much smaller, so it isn't a tipping problem.  I think I'd use fishing line and t ie It to something to stablize it.

Honored Contributor

@Susan Louise  - Your pictures are beautiful! I'm sorry you had problems with your bunnies. I wonder if they changed the lantern. I have the one from March 2017, and I have had no problems with it tipping. I have it on the mantle throughout the spring and summer - and into fall, then put him on the floor after that. The kitties run around and sometimes bat the lantern. So far no problems!

I also have the large mosaic egg. That goes on the mantle too. I put it on a green mercury glass stand, but I like the way you put a large candle ring around it. I may try that too! Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@Susan Louise, Per usual, your display is lovely!

Respected Contributor

Very pretty.

Honored Contributor

@Susan Louise 

thank you for sharing the pics -- I'm so ready for Easter and bunnies!

I am finding VPH things are hit or miss lately.  I was tempted to order the bunny but they had the same thing in our Old Tyme Pottery (not on timer) and it was $11. 

I just received my BL TSV branches ... they aren't too great.  Very sparce not like shown on presentations - I'm on the fence about them 

Honored Contributor

You did a great job decorating for Easter.

Honored Contributor

@Susan Louise , Everything looks great, especially those beautiful bunnies I want!   I ordered the bunnies with the lanterns a couple years back, and I had no problems with them, they said these were new this year, but I don't see any difference in the new vs the ones I have, mine are white.