Respected Contributor

Pics of some recent additions...

My mantel is not one for many. It does not have the recommended groups of three items at each end, etc. It is a decorator's nightmare. But I don't care. It contains items that are meaningful to DH and I. Before we got together, his decor consisted of lanterns. Lots of lanterns. He said "as a single guy, it seemed like something he could decorate with without seeming too girly."

So when we got married and he moved into my place, we incorporated his lanterns onto the mantel as well as one of mine from B&BW, our jar of sand from our wedding ceremony and my bouquet in an antique bowl from his parents. I recently got the chocolate hurricanes from Valerie that I placed amongst them. Love them. And I recently got the fireplace screen after a long search for one that would fit our fireplace. After all was said and done I got it from QVC. I had a few leftover MG pumpkins so put them on my hearth.

Here is the result:

image.jpeg

I also decorated my dining room table.  I like simple, not a lot going on, but it seems like it's missing something.  I do have some MG pedestals in gold (the chocolate ones are on my hearth) that I could put two of the pumpkins or the pinecones on, but the pedestals seem a bit big for them.  I tried a gold leaf garland but it was too much.  I'm open to suggestions.  Notice the chocolate goblets on my wine rack in the background. 

image.jpeg

Frequent Contributor

Re: Pics of some recent additions...

Breathtaking 

Respected Contributor

Your mantel is beautiful the way it is and I love your fireplace screen.  When I looked at the dining room the first thing I thought was a floral wreath on the wall might look nice and add some color. 

Respected Contributor

Love your dining room chandelier.  Unique.  

If your face brightens when you meet a friend, you have struck gold. - unknown
Respected Contributor

@Princesswife and pommom

Thank you! When we redid the dining room, I wanted a unique chandelier. I should post before and after pics sometime

@Catty2

Thanks!! I agree the room needs some color. Too many neutral colors. I will consider a wreath for some color. Smiley Happy
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

To me, and since you asked Woman Wink, it's the white runner on the dining table that is the needle scratch.  I'd consider either changing it to a more richly colored one with place mats or use a tablecloth instead.  Also, I'd cluster the pumpkins instead of "pretty maids all in a row."

Strive for respect instead of attention. It lasts longer.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I think the fire place looks good.  Do you have candles in the brown mosaic?  I have them in Amber.  Found a set of 3 unused candle impressions candles in the closet with a ten hour timer.  I must have had a vision when I bought them years ago.

I don't think the dining room needs anything.  What about a different runner with fall colors?

Honored Contributor

@IamMrsG

I think we were thinking alike.

Respected Contributor

@IamMrsG and GCR18
I just picked up that runner as a Lunchtime special from Dennis Basso. While I like it, I agree something not so light might be better. Question is, where is the best place to look? I've looked before but without much luck.

I don't have the mosaic candles you're referring to. Are they still available? Where would I add them?
Respected Contributor

morewineplease wrote, in part:  "...I agree something not so light might be better. Question is, where is the best place to look? I've looked before but without much luck..."

@crazycockermom  Amazon has 400 pages of them.  I personally think an aubergine would be beautiful with your gray.  

Related image

Strive for respect instead of attention. It lasts longer.