Honored Contributor

Re: Pic of my new pieces on my fireplace

@Katcat1 wrote:

@crazycockermom,   Very nice.  I think an antique mirror square or round would look lovely behind all your pieces on the mantel and they would reflect in the mirror.  Just a suggestion.

That is a great suggestion! @Katcat1

Honored Contributor

@crazycockermom wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@crazycockermom wrote:

@Katcat1 wrote:

@crazycockermom,   Very nice.  I think an antique mirror square or round would look lovely behind all your pieces on the mantel and they would reflect in the mirror.  Just a suggestion.

Thank you for the suggestion!   I think that would look nice too.   Not sure I want to put the weight on the mantle though.  And unsure of drilling more holes in the brick.  :/

@crazycockermom  You don't have to drill holes, just rest the mirror on the mantle. Smiley Happy  Of course, if weight is an issue, that is different.

Ok.  But are you guys thinking one long one mirror or two - one on each side of the wreath?   Just wondering how one would work with the wreath.  Or I can use one of those magic hanger things.  I just don't know how much that mantel can hold.  It seems solid...

I can see this done in a number of ways. First, the mirror(s) don't have to be big or overly heavy. My focus would be on finding the right frame, something with some fluidity to it, not just straight lines. A smaller one set to one side, or two just alike on either side, either would work. 

And I wouldn't try  to hang it (them). I'd simply try sitting it (them) on the mantel.

@crazycockermom

Respected Contributor

@Mominohio wrote:

@crazycockermom wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@crazycockermom wrote:

@Katcat1 wrote:

Thank you for the suggestion!   I think that would look nice too.   Not sure I want to put the weight on the mantle though.  And unsure of drilling more holes in the brick.  :/

@crazycockermom  You don't have to drill holes, just rest the mirror on the mantle. Smiley Happy  Of course, if weight is an issue, that is different.

Ok.  But are you guys thinking one long one mirror or two - one on each side of the wreath?   Just wondering how one would work with the wreath.  Or I can use one of those magic hanger things.  I just don't know how much that mantel can hold.  It seems solid...

I can see this done in a number of ways. First, the mirror(s) don't have to be big or overly heavy. My focus would be on finding the right frame, something with some fluidity to it, not just straight lines. A smaller one set to one side, or two just alike on either side, either would work. 

And I wouldn't try  to hang it (them). I'd simply try sitting it (them) on the mantel.

@crazycockermom

Thank you for the great suggestions!  I'll keep an eye out for some mirrors that may work.  

Honored Contributor

It turned out great.  Where did you put your grandfather's picture?  

Respected Contributor

@GCR18 wrote:

It turned out great.  Where did you put your grandfather's picture?  

Thanks!   I haven't found a home for it yet.  Or it just may stay put away until I change things up again and put it back where it was.  

Honored Contributor

@crazycockermom

Looks Great!

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@crazycockermom at your recommendation, I ordered the kringle set of two 8" ornaments in silver with the gold stripe.  Well, I opened them this morning and one looks like it was kicked.  I has a huge dent.  It's double boxed, so no idea how it got a dent.  The boxes have no damage.  Wasn't meant to be.  I'm sending them back with no reorder.  I'll enjoy them from your pictures.  LOL

Respected Contributor

@GCR18 wrote:

@crazycockermom at your recommendation, I ordered the kringle set of two 8" ornaments in silver with the gold stripe.  Well, I opened them this morning and one looks like it was kicked.  I has a huge dent.  It's double boxed, so no idea how it got a dent.  The boxes have no damage.  Wasn't meant to be.  I'm sending them back with no reorder.  I'll enjoy them from your pictures.  LOL

Oh phooey!   That stinks!!!   So weird.  I wonder if someone returned it that way.  I hope you called CS so you don't have to pay return shipping.  What a hassle!!  I'm so sorry.  Smiley Sad

Respected Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@crazycockermom

Looks Great!

Thanks!!