Contributor

Peppermint Bark Christmas candy

I BOUGHT THE PEPPERMINT BARK CHRISTMAS CANDY LAST YEAR AND DAVID HAD IT ON HIS SHOW TODAY GONE UP $10.00 FOR ONLY STILL 15 PIECES.  WILL NOT BUY THIS YEAR NOT A GOOD DEAL.

Respected Contributor

Re: Peppermint Bark Christmas candy

My daughter LOVES Peppermint Bark.  Been buying it for years and by far the best one she likes is Ghirardelli Peppermint Bark.  You can find it in grocery stores, Target, Walmart, etc.  Sometimes Costco has it supersized!

Super Contributor

Many stores with doors carry it at better prices, great deals on it at Costco and Sam's when they have it.

Esteemed Contributor

I've also bought WS which I didn't think was anything special.

Make your own! Really easy, MUCH cheaperand no fuss. I've made it using Ghiardelli white melting chocolate or white Ghiardelli baking chips (easier to find), broken candy cane pieces (pop in a Hefty bag and smash with rolling pin or OXO meat mallet. Add peppermint flavoring if you like.

Want the bottom chocolate? Use any variety GOOD chocolate. Semi swwet, dark chocolate, etc. Pour onto buttered baking sheet, first. Pop in fridge to chill. When set, add white chocolate mixture, spread on top and chill. 

For under $10 you can make it as you prefer. Recipes online.

Respected Contributor

Ghirardelli Peppermint Bark is hard to beat.....won't see it until around Christmas time...although Amazon has it available with this hot weather it would melt.....so I'll wait

Honored Contributor

Well, this is weird.  I am sure there's no way I haven't sampled this candy somewhere along the way in my life ....  but I honestly cannot ever remember having it!

Huh.   

I will need to investigate this.  lol 

Honored Contributor

@jezzie   Make your own.  It's inexpensive and ridiculously easy.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

Williams Sonoma Peppermint Bark is my absolute favorite.  It comes in a tin with large pieces that you can break apart.  It's close to $30 for the tin, but it's so worth it in my opinion.

I received it as a gift about 15 years ago from one of my students.  I had never had peppermint bark before, but I was hooked from the moment I tried it.  I have had other good peppermint bark since then, but that one is my favorite.

It is expensive, but you can find it on sale during the holidays.

Esteemed Contributor

My sister makes her own.  I never have, but it can't be too hard if my sister can do it!  Hers tastes great too!

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

I don't know how amazon does it but they manage to get it to Florida the next day, first thing and its just fine. I've tried other places and they all say its seasonal. I even emailed the company, they said the same thing, seasonal. However if thats true I wonder how Amazon always seems to have it. I love it!