Respected Contributor

It's my favorite holiday; it's really centered around family and tradition. I didn't know much about it till I married my Jewish husband. In fact, my wedding dinner was a Passover seder. It was a teeny tiny wedding (which was what my DH and I wanted) so my mother-in-law prepared a magnificent meal. Toward the end, she came out of the kitchen and said, "Is anyone stilll hungry? I have a chicken in the oven!"

That was so characteristic of her and it's still a fond family joke. I knew her for 18 years till she died and remember her and my father-in-law with great affection.

Honored Contributor

@GoneButNotForgotten   Sounds as if you had a wonderful mother-in-law.  Enjoy your beautiful memories that make this season so significant for you.

Honored Contributor

A beautiful holiday.   Wishing you a Happy Passover, @GoneButNotForgotten .

Honored Contributor

Flat lay composition of matzo and flowers on color background.

Valued Contributor

@GoneButNotForgotten  It's so wonderful to have had a great mother-in-law, I was fortunate to also have a wonderful mother-in-law for 45 years. My beautiful mother passed away not long after I was married and while no one will ever take her place, my MIL was there for me and we got very close.  I miss them both everyday and think of them everyday. Nothing better than happy memories and to carry on traditions.

Honored Contributor

@GoneButNotForgotten  Happy Passover to you and all our friends celebrating today!