Esteemed Contributor

Re: PURCHASES AND COMMENTS ON VALERIE'S 8/25 SHOWS

I  think you could use them as napkin rings, clip them around a pedestal that has a lip,. clip them on a chandelier if it has the correct size arms or shades or to presents.

Contributor

Me too!  I bought 2 of the ivory, I have several places that I can use them in. I don’t buy a lot, but just couldn’t resist these, hope Im not disappointed.

Contributor

I really enjoy watching all of Valerie's shows.  I didn't order anything this time. I am no longer going to oder anything that takes a battery.  I spent more on batteries than I did on some gifts,  I have purchased all brands of batteries from the most expensive to the store brands.  None of them last the Christmas season  I always use the timer with the shortest burn time and they still don't last.  I bought some C's guaranted 10 years and I had to replace them.  I will stick to the items that are pretty without a battery.

Respected Contributor

@gjc57 wrote:

I really enjoy watching all of Valerie's shows.  I didn't order anything this time. I am no longer going to oder anything that takes a battery.  I spent more on batteries than I did on some gifts,  I have purchased all brands of batteries from the most expensive to the store brands.  None of them last the Christmas season  I always use the timer with the shortest burn time and they still don't last.  I bought some C's guaranted 10 years and I had to replace them.  I will stick to the items that are pretty without a battery.

While the battery powered items are ideal for placing in the middle of a dining table or coffee table where you would not want a cord hanging down, I do like the electric ones because I can set them on my own timer.  By Christmas time it gets dark around here by 5PM or so and we are late night people so I like the item to stay on until Midnight or 1AM.

Plus I am sure my electric bill is not hit as hard to run these little candles, etc., as much as batteries cost! 

@gjc57  I know exactly what you mean with the price of batteries.  It is definitely a drain on my pocketbook when I start buying them for all the things that need them during the holiday season.

Esteemed Contributor

I watched most of her shows, but really didn't find anything I really wanted nor needed.  I do enjoy watching her shows though.  I wish she would not use so much of a shiny coating on her items.   So many would be just as pretty without the glittery, silvery shine! 

I think that - so far this year - her Harvest items were more interesting and more my decor style.

Honored Contributor

@gjc57 wrote:

@gjc57   I buy Duracell at Costco and they last seven or more months, for the most part, depends on the size of the battery.

Respected Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

@gjc57 wrote:

@gjc57   I buy Duracell at Costco and they last seven or more months, for the most part, depends on the size of the battery.

@mousiegirl   That is where we get our batteries.  I tried the Amazon brand and was really disappointed, so back to Duracell.  Some months they have $3 off and I grab a couple of packages.

I guess my problem is my abundance of battery-operated Christmas items!  I have flameless candles all over and lighted trees too.  I can go through a couple of packs just filling all my stuff!  But I love each and every item and can't stop.  I do take the batteries out when I take down my decorations and re-use them throughout the year; however, just getting everything started up is an expense.  But like I said, I love it all and if that brings me and my husband joy, then so be it.

Honored Contributor

@hellodali wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@gjc57 wrote:

@mousiegirl   That is where we get our batteries.  I tried the Amazon brand and was really disappointed, so back to Duracell.  Some months they have $3 off and I grab a couple of packages.

I guess my problem is my abundance of battery-operated Christmas items!  I have flameless candles all over and lighted trees too.  I can go through a couple of packs just filling all my stuff!  But I love each and every item and can't stop.  I do take the batteries out when I take down my decorations and re-use them throughout the year; however, just getting everything started up is an expense.  But like I said, I love it all and if that brings me and my husband joy, then so be it.

@hellodali   Agreed.  I have a large, deep drawer devoted to batteries of all sizes.  

Super Contributor

Did not buy anything, but enjoyed the set displays.

Contributor

@hellodali wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@gjc57 wrote:

I have company coming this weekend. I am doing a refresh on all my lighted items. Just got back from the store $85.00 poorer just on batteries. My house looks so pretty at night though.