Honored Contributor

PEWTER ORNAMENTS

[ Edited ]

Does anyone have or collect pewter ornaments?

Recently, I came to appreciate them seeing them on ebay, so have been buying them in somewhat of a frenzy lately, lol.  I also have bought them directly from the company websites.  I particularly like the Hampshire pewter ornaments.  I am pretty much done now unless something spectacular shows up.  These are large enough to see well on a tree, and light.

There are also small, round, dark pewter ornaments from various companies such as Country Woman with wonderful scenes on them, but am wondering if they will show up on a tree being so small and dark, will see later on, so maybe a small, close up tree for those.

I was able to find Snoopy ornaments with my, DH, and DD's first name initials, so had to get those, they will mean something to DD one day, and these are in color.

Respected Contributor

Have you seen the Wendell August Forge ornaments? It's a USA company that makes lovely unique items. They have some beautiful, beautiful snowflake ornaments. They can personalize a gift. Have items of several sports teams. I think their prices are reasonable for the quality and craftsmanship. 

Esteemed Contributor

@mousiegirl. Yes, I've collected some over the years.  Mine were all purchased from the Moravian Book Shop in Bethlehem, Pa.  Although an original bookstore located near the South Campus of Moravian College, this shop has gorgeous ornaments, moravian stars, handmade tiles, and all sorts of beautiful items.

I like the way the tree lights reflect on the pewter ornaments. 

Honored Contributor

@Etoile308 wrote:

Have you seen the Wendell August Forge ornaments? It's a USA company that makes lovely unique items. They have some beautiful, beautiful snowflake ornaments. They can personalize a gift. Have items of several sports teams. I think their prices are reasonable for the quality and craftsmanship. 

@Etoile308   Yes, I have bought several lots of these ornaments on ebay recently, havn't received them yet.  I visited the site, but the ornaments I was looking for were not there.  Ther is a "lot" of ornaments on ebay, but the seller wants a high price, and has added 10% for the fee ebay charges him, not supposed to do this, and a high mailing cost, so forget it.  They are from the early 2000's.

I will go back to the site to look at the snowflake ornaments. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

We get a live tree and pewter ornaments are often too heavy.

Respected Contributor

I have only one pewter ornament.  It commemorates the 50th anniversary of Peanuts.

Esteemed Contributor

I like the pewter ornaments.  I have about 6 of them and actually mine were all purchased in the past by fundraisers.  Each one a different cause.  I actually received one with a small tree to plant in support of breast cancer after my illness......they all have meaning to me and that tree is flourishing!   

Honored Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

@ECBG   I have some longer hooks, have all sizes, and for heavy ornaments, I wrap the hooks, since they are wire, around so the ornaments are not hanging down, but tight on the limb, saw this in a Christmas shop once.

Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

@ECBG wrote:

@ECBG   I have some longer hooks, have all sizes, and for heavy ornaments, I wrap the hooks, since they are wire, around so the ornaments are not hanging down, but tight on the limb, saw this in a Christmas shop once.

@mousiegirl 

Thanks, I've tried and it brings the entire branch down into the lower branches.

Honored Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@ECBG wrote:

@mousiegirl 

Thanks, I've tried and it brings the entire branch down into the lower branches.

@ECBG   It depends on where they are placed on the branch, I used to use a wide branch, but it will be easier on a faux tree, I agree with that.  I have a silver tinsel 4' tree that I use on the corner of a counter in the kitchen, also ordered a wire tree, it may go back if I don't like it, for the dark pewter so they will show up better, the lighter pewter will look nice on the silver tree and show up.