Honored Contributor

Re: PAGING LUCYMO, MOUSIEGIRL, and other Deer Lovers...

@lucymo wrote:

@Spurt  Hi spurt, I think the Moose is so cute.  I think they are all adorable and I'd like them all but that just isn't going to happen.  lol

@lucymo

When I was in the store I was thinking they were all so cute but I just dont have the room.....ran out of services....So Id have to win the Lottery, buy a huge house and lots of furniture, then buy and display the adorable animals and all the other decor things I loved but didnt have room for in a smaller place ....and most important , hire someone to clean my house every week----LOL!!! 

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@GCR18  Did you see the Lenox ornaments on QVC2?  If you need gifts they look really pretty.  I'm not needing that type of gift.

@lucymo

Those Lenox ornaments do make nice gifts....I used them for secret santa gifts and gave a couple to some co-workers too and they were well received...........

@Spurt  I love most of Lenox's products.  I have a large collection of their bird figurines.  It took awhile to collect them but they are beautiful.  I have a couple of their lady figurines and some trinket boxes. 

I liked the looks of the ornaments but have no one to give them to right now.  My husband will have me committed if I buy any more ornaments for myself.  lol

Honored Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@Spurt  Hi spurt, I think the Moose is so cute.  I think they are all adorable and I'd like them all but that just isn't going to happen.  lol

@lucymo

When I was in the store I was thinking they were all so cute but I just dont have the room.....ran out of services....So Id have to win the Lottery, buy a huge house and lots of furniture, then buy and display the adorable animals and all the other decor things I loved but didnt have room for in a smaller place ....and most important , hire someone to clean my house every week----LOL!!! 

@Spurt  I really think we're a group of folks that never really grew up.  I just love all those little critters. 

I hope if you win the lottery you'll remember your friends here.  lol

Honored Contributor

@lucymo wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@GCR18  Did you see the Lenox ornaments on QVC2?  If you need gifts they look really pretty.  I'm not needing that type of gift.

@lucymo

Those Lenox ornaments do make nice gifts....I used them for secret santa gifts and gave a couple to some co-workers too and they were well received...........

@Spurt  I love most of Lenox's products.  I have a large collection of their bird figurines.  It took awhile to collect them but they are beautiful.  I have a couple of their lady figurines and some trinket boxes. 

I liked the looks of the ornaments but have no one to give them to right now.  My husband will have me committed if I buy any more ornaments for myself.  lol

@lucymo

I bet your Lenox pieces are beautiful!!!  They have a collectible shop here and the store owner has a large collection of Lenox pieces......and Jim Shore....and way too many tempting things.....LOL!!!  Just beautiful things, so many unique things too....

The Lenox items are nicely made..I bought that ornament set  a couple years ago, but those were strictly gifts!!!!!!  .....they had some kitten ornament set one year and I did buy that set kept one for myself, gave one to my sis, and one to cat loving friend........But like you I DONT NEED ANY MORE ORNAMENTS!!!  (at least that is what I say---LOL) 

And I do like the Lenox dinnerware too.....................

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@lucymo wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@lucymo

@Spurt  I really think we're a group of folks that never really grew up.  I just love all those little critters. 

I hope if you win the lottery you'll remember your friends here.  lol

@lucymo

I am known as a generous person so if I win the lottery I will certainly share Woman Very Happy

As collectors and decorators I think these pieces just bring us a childlike joy of life!!!  Maybe its a sense of nostalgia---I don't know---but it's fun and when we decorate it just makes our homes extra special . 

Honored Contributor

@lucymo

And I think I may be a bad influence on my sister....years ago she was a bah humbug when it came to Christmas....but the last few years she's gotten into the spirt....now she  doesnt decorate as elaborately---a big tree, garland on her fireplace, wreath above the mantel, an angel on her end table......and a Christmas shower curtain in her bathroom.  

But now she bought those woodland squirrel plates and some fall chargers for her dishes......to dress up her dining room table---oh oh.....thats how fall decorating begins.....LOL!!!

Honored Contributor

@Spurt  I had to laugh at you enabling your sister.  I think that's what we do to each other here.  The old 'monkey see, monkey do'  saying takes over and we cannot get behind.  lol

Honored Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@lucymo

@lucymo

I bet your Lenox pieces are beautiful!!!  They have a collectible shop here and the store owner has a large collection of Lenox pieces......and Jim Shore....and way too many tempting things.....LOL!!!  Just beautiful things, so many unique things too....

The Lenox items are nicely made..I bought that ornament set  a couple years ago, but those were strictly gifts!!!!!!  .....they had some kitten ornament set one year and I did buy that set kept one for myself, gave one to my sis, and one to cat loving friend........But like you I DONT NEED ANY MORE ORNAMENTS!!!  (at least that is what I say---LOL) 

@Spurt  Well, put me in that store with the Lenox pieces  and I'd be mortgaging the house.  I couldn't be trusted there for sure.  I've had to stop buying because all of my cabinets are full.  I bought a lot of my birds on Ebay.

Honored Contributor

@lucymo wrote:

@Spurt  I had to laugh at you enabling your sister.  I think that's what we do to each other here.  The old 'monkey see, monkey do'  saying takes over and we cannot get behind.  lol

@lucymo

I think what happened with Christmas decorating and my sister is she got SHAMED into it.....she's a very good cook and invited everyone to her house to Christmas dinner one year....and everyone said....you don't decorate for Christmas, you don't even have a small tree or any decorations, it won't feel like Christmas Day and what fun is that---so thats when she got a tree....and then she decided that she really did like the Christmas decorations....Woman LOLWoman Very Happy   She doesnt decorate for any other seasons or holidays......she will bake cookies to celebrate though.....but now with this fall thing...I AM an ENABLER....and PROUD of it! Woman Very Happy

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@lucymo wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@lucymo

@lucymo

@Spurt  Well, put me in that store with the Lenox pieces  and I'd be mortgaging the house.  I couldn't be trusted there for sure.  I've had to stop buying because all of my cabinets are full.  I bought a lot of my birds on Ebay.

@lucymo

LOL!  Isnt it amazing how you might start out with an item or two and how quickly it grows into a collection........I bet those birds are beautiful though.....and they make you happy! Yep I have full cabinets/and some scattered here and there on my armoire in the living roomm, and in my bedroom...........

I did the same thing with Jim Shore, angels, and a collection called Laura's attic (they no longer make the pieces---its figurines of a girl and a white cat throughout the seasons....and the white cat reminded me of my aunt's cat Oliver, what's special about that cat she found him in a  mud puddle and bottle fed him and he turned into this gigantic fluffy ball of a cat with a charming personality!  This was done by Romans the same people that make those beautiful angels...........