Trusted Contributor

PAGING LUCYMO, MOUSIEGIRL, and other Deer Lovers...

[ Edited ]

Wasn't sure where to put this so I figured starting a new thread was easier....Yesterday I want to the P1 event.  They had the silver deer, the velvet deer, the deer with the leaf antlers and the gray deer.  None of these scream Christmas so if you are looking for ones to blend in with other more holiday themed deer, any of these would work.  I  have previous versions of the silver deer and this year they added a pose.  Last year was a standing one and a grazing one. This year they added a laying down pose.  They are large and very pretty if you do shiny silver.  The velvet deer were also very pretty and probably the only ones that looked like Fall.  I had seen a set previously and wasn't crazy about them, but the set available yesterday was much nicer. Not sure why but they were.  The gray deer are amazing. Also quite large but just beautiful.  As for the gold ones with the leaf antlers, and for those concerned about storing them, Mousie was right that the antlers are removable.  They are also quite large so ladies be sure to take the sizes into account if you are interested. 

I.m sure more are coming in the Christmas theme but any of these are good neutral additions to collections.  Happy Shopping!!!

Honored Contributor

Re: PAGING LUCIEMO, MOUSIEGIRL, and other Deer Lovers...

@MTH  Did you happen to noitice the white llama?  I plan to go this week to look at everything.  The grey deer is what struck me initially, so will see if I like it and have room for it.

Trusted Contributor

Re: PAGING LUCYMO, MOUSIEGIRL, and other Deer Lovers...

[ Edited ]

@mousiegirl wrote:

@MTH  Did you happen to noitice the white llama?  I plan to go this week to look at everything.  The grey deer is what struck me initially, so will see if I like it and have room for it.

The store I went to for the event didn't have the Llama but I ran to another store this afternoon to get something my store didn't have but they gave me a coupon for and they had a bunch of them. He is adorable and a usable size....goldilocks...not to large and no too short.  They also had a rooster and duck. All three of them would be really cute above cabinetry if you have cabinets space between the top and the ceiling.  It's a good farmhouse look with all of them.  I considered them but needed to measure.  Also. I just got a special email coupon for 25% off one full price item today and tomorrow.  Check your email if you are on their mailing list.  Also, they have a "sneak peak" of their Chirstmas items on their website.  It's a tad more than a sneak peak at almost 700 items but you can see what's coming.

Honored Contributor

@MTH  Thank you so much for the HU on the deer that we're in love with.  I think I still prefer the grey ones.  I like the ones with the huge antlers but I'm afraid they would even pose a problem  to use too, spacewise.  I'm going to check my email for any deals.  I'll post back later.  Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

Thanks for the detailed info! Need to make a trip to Pier 1 soon.
Trusted Contributor

@lucymo I tried to get as close as I could to them in the store without cutting them off. Hope this helps (or maybe not depending on your credit card impact...LOL)

GreyDeer.jpeg

Trusted Contributor

@mousiegirl  If you like the llama, you will love the llama pillow they have coming out for Christmas. He is already under the sneak peak on their website.  

@crazycockermom Let me know if you are able to visit your local store and what treasures you find!

Honored Contributor

@MTH wrote:

@lucymo I tried to get as close as I could to them in the store without cutting them off. Hope this helps (or maybe not depending on your credit card impact...LOL)

GreyDeer.jpeg

@MTH  Now those are just gorgeous.  The picture does help as the online ones doesn't seem to be in color so I couldn't actually grasp the true color.

They are really a large stand alone pair or even the standing one could be a one deer table decor item with some greens or garland.

My CC is screaming no, no no but I'll shut it up I'm sure before long.  LOL  Thanks for the great help, I appreciate it very much.

Trusted Contributor

@lucymo wrote:

@MTH wrote:

GreyDeer.jpeg

@MTH  Now those are just gorgeous.  The picture does help as the online ones doesn't seem to be in color so I couldn't actually grasp the true color.

They are really a large stand alone pair or even the standing one could be a one deer table decor item with some greens or garland.

My CC is screaming no, no no but I'll shut it up I'm sure before long.  LOL  Thanks for the great help, I appreciate it very much.

@lucymo  Let me know if you go for it.  I'm certainly talking myself into it. I'll let you know tomorrow.  LOL  Actually you'll know when you smell the cc burning.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@MTH wrote:

@mousiegirl  If you like the llama, you will love the llama pillow they have coming out for Christmas. He is already under the sneak peak on their website.  

@crazycockermom Let me know if you are able to visit your local store and what treasures you find!

@MTH  DD and I have many funny stories of her and llamas during our vacations, which is why I want the white llama.  I already bought her a pillow with baby goats on it, so will skip the llama pillow. Smiley Happy

I don't know why I don't receive Pier1 coupons, I have been shopping there for years.