Super Contributor

Jim Shore 19th Annual Heartwood Creek Easter Basket 

This one is way out of my price range. It is a pretty one but will have to pass this year.

Have been collecting them for a long time. 

Respected Contributor

Looks like the price has almost doubled since the last year!😳

I have one of his baskets from years ago.  They are cute!

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward
Respected Contributor

@crazy4bears   I used to collect them too, but got rid of them when I decided that I'm going to move and really didn't bring them out each year. 

Although prices have gone up everywhere, and his items are very nice quality, it would be too expensive for me too right now if I was still collecting them.  But I would put it in my wish list and see if it went on sale, and possibly combine with Mrrebates or Rakuten if they were doing a big percentage (10 or 15% - sometimes around a holiday). 

......You look like I need a drink.....
Honored Contributor

Lots of purchases that once were easy choices are now falling by the wayside for me as the prices for things where I have little control are rising equally fast.  One example is that here in Florida several kinds of insurance (home and auto for me) have increased multiple hundreds of dollars.  Except for a very occasional gift, I'll be buying nothing even close to a Jim Shore piece.

Super Contributor

Agreed it's pretty but, Out of my price range too.

Honored Contributor

Re: Out of my price range

[ Edited ]

I think the Jim Shore pieces are nice, but they serve no real purpose.  Just a lot of money to display an article in your home that you like.

About two years ago, I had to clean out a home that was loaded with collector items....very expensive items.  

No one wanted them, not even the donation centers.  I hate to admit this, but I had to throw away thousands upon thousands of dollars worth of very expensive collectibles...from figurines to baskets. Most of it was holiday themed, but not all.

Unless you really can afford this stuff and are not bothered by the fact that it will probably be tossed in the trash because no one will want it, save your money.

Trust me, your children and grandchildren do not want this stuff.

Respected Contributor

@Carmie wrote:

I think the Jim Shore pieces are nice, but they serve no real purpose.  Just a lot of money to display an article in your home that you like.

About two years ago, I had to clean out a home that was loaded with collector items....very expensive items.  

No one wanted them, not even the donation centers.  I hate to admit this, but I had to throw away thousands upon thousands of dollars worth of very expensive collectibles...from figurines to baskets. Most of it was holiday themed, but not all.

Unless you really can afford this stuff and are not bothered by the fact that it will probably be tossed in the trash because no one will want it, save your money.

Trust me, your children and grandchildren do not want this stuff.

@Carmie -- This is so true.  My family and I had to clean out a home of a relative who was not only a collector but a hoarder.  We organized all the collectibles but could not find anyone interested in buying them.  We ended up practically giving them away.  Days of collecting are over for me.  No one wants this stuff anymore.  It has no sentimental value to anyone in our family.

Honored Contributor

Times have changed and collectibles have little to no value at this time.

Heck, it is hard enough to afford the essentials.

Honored Contributor

Yes, at over $90 with S&H, this one won't be as popular.

Jim's had a good run but his time may be near an end.

jim shore easter basket.PNG

Regular Contributor

I just bought last year's version (18th) which they are selling for under $50 today. I agree the newest one is out of my price range. I didn't buy it last year and I think this will look pretty on my new sage green TV stand.  I really like his pieces and bought it because the whimsy and beauty bring me joy when I look at it-not to pass down through the generations.

If I was cleaning out a house that was filled with these type of collectibles, I would at least try to sell them in a garage or estate sale – I wouldn't necessarily throw them away. 

My feeling is if you can afford various decor and it brings you joy, then go for it.