Honored Contributor

Ornament hooks for Christmas tree...

[ Edited ]

I thought I'd share new ornament hooks I bought that are green and come in 2 sizes at Amazon. One package is $6.49...a bit pricey for metal hooks that one can get much cheaper at the dollar store, but I like that they are green and become less visable on the tree leaving the focus on the ornaments. I also like that there are 2 sizes with a great quantity of 300 too.

They also come in the regular 'silver', so if you want the green, make sure you choose that option.

For anyone interested, enter into the search bar at Amazon:

R'ND's 300 Pack Ornament Hooks Christmas Tree Decorating Hangers - Metal Wire Ornament

Honored Contributor

Re: Ornament hooks for Christmas tree...

@Susan Louise  I bought green hooks either at Target or Walgreens for less but it has been two years.  

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Katcat1 wrote:

@Susan Louise  I bought green hooks either at Target or Walgreens for less but it has been two years.  

What kind...metal or plastic? I've bought short plastic green hooks about 10 yrs ago and wound up throwing them out. I've never seen these particular green metal hooks til tonight. Some hooks are 'ok' for any ornaments, but for expensive vintage glass ornaments, I prefer using the simple metal hooks so I can secure each one myself. 

Some folks may have already been 'in the know' about these hooks. I just happened upon them while placing an order for a few grocery items. I figure there might be others like myself who would like to try them Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I bought green hooks years ago at Bed, Bath and Beyond.  I really like them.  

Honored Contributor

@Daysdee wrote:

I bought green hooks years ago at Bed, Bath and Beyond.  I really like them.  

@Daysdee  What type of hooks are they? When I googled 'green ornament hooks' and then clicked on 'images', I was shocked to see the wide selection out there.

I've just been using the regular/old fashioned silver metal hooks and they just always worked fine for me...easily bendable/adjustable.

It was a fluke an image popped up for them while at Amazon last night. I hadn't been looking for ornament hooks for about a decade...LOL

It was time to get replacements. I've been using hooks that are 10-25+ yrs old! Smiley Happy

Valued Contributor

I use paper clips when hooks disappear.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I like Old World Christmas ornament hooks.  They're green and well-made but more expensive than the ones from @Susan Louise.  ($2.69 per 100 on one website)  When I need to make hooks, for example if I want something to hang lower or higher, I use green floral stem wire (e.g. Ashland brand from Michael's).

OWC Hooks.jpg

Respected Contributor

I love the hooks from Pottery Barn.  They are very sturdy and hold heavy ornaments.  I've had too many precious glass ornaments get broken by falling onto hardwood floors because a cheap hook couldn't provide sufficient support.  I really have no idea what the price is, but, for me it's worth every penny. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Susan Louise wrote:

I thought I'd share new ornament hooks I bought that are green and come in 2 sizes at Amazon. One package is $6.49...a bit pricey for metal hooks that one can get much cheaper at the dollar store, but I like that they are green and become less visable on the tree leaving the focus on the ornaments. I also like that there are 2 sizes with a great quantity of 300 too.

They also come in the regular 'silver', so if you want the green, make sure you choose that option.

For anyone interested, enter into the search bar at Amazon:

R'ND's 300 Pack Ornament Hooks Christmas Tree Decorating Hangers - Metal Wire Ornament

UPDATE:

The hooks arrived today and I want to pass on an update for everyone...

These hooks are 'da bomb'! They are lightweight, very plyable and yet sturdy! The gauge of this wire is a tad thicker than most wire hooks of this type. 

For anyone interested, read the reviews at Amazon. I just threw out ALL our other ornament hooks!!! llls0251.gif

Frequent Contributor

I needed heavier duty hooks , for some of my Jim Shore,,etc ornaments. Then I purchased a 9 ft tree , from QVC, that had pinecones on ,,branches were a little thicker and needed better hooks..Found them at Target..Now I am looking for those tiny hooks,for mini ornaments for a smaller tree. Will check out Hallmark store next week for those.. Love those heavy hooks,,they do not bend,, and can go over the thickest branches etc.