Respected Contributor

I decided to order the "as is" lit pedestals in the red.  I love these and have several sets of different colors.  I figure I can find something locally and wrap my micro lights around the trees and sit them on top of the pedestals.

Thanks again to everyone who posted.  PS... I noted in my order that the s&h is $5.00 and not $5.50.  Interesting....  it seems that for the show today, they are tacking on an extra .50 to each order which is ridiculous IMO.

Esteemed Contributor

@HisElk wrote:

@SHOPR wrote:

@HisElk1, You're welcome.  Happy to help.  I hope I can pass on them when they are presented. 

@SHOPR, Ok, I'm here to help you.  Say this 3 times:  I KNOW I can pass on them.  Just keeping saying it, girl!

I wasn't going to watch today, but sigh, of course, here I am.  

Like I said in another post, if they would give us a break on the shipping, I might have ordered the 2 champagne.  My subtotal is $63.00 without tax.  

@HisElk1, I was able to resist. :-)

Since the day recently when I saw that QVC had offered half off additional items' s&h for certain categories, I've been really hoping they'd do the same for the home and holiday items for this weekend's event.  It's too bad they didn't.  In fact, many of the items are at regular prices.  I'm only seeing a few sale prices and some clearance prices.

Esteemed Contributor

@HisElk1, The s&h rates went up on newly listed items as of a certain date not too long ago.  It may have been a few weeks ago. 

You would still get the lower rate if the item you order today was listed on the website prior to that date.  At least I think this is how it works. 

Respected Contributor

@SHOPR wrote:

@HisElk wrote:

@SHOPR wrote:

@HisElk1, You're welcome.  Happy to help.  I hope I can pass on them when they are presented. 

@SHOPR, Ok, I'm here to help you.  Say this 3 times:  I KNOW I can pass on them.  Just keeping saying it, girl!

I wasn't going to watch today, but sigh, of course, here I am.  

Like I said in another post, if they would give us a break on the shipping, I might have ordered the 2 champagne.  My subtotal is $63.00 without tax.  

@HisElk1, I was able to resist. :-)

Since the day recently when I saw that QVC had offered half off additional items' s&h for certain categories, I've been really hoping they'd do the same for the home and holiday items for this weekend's event.  It's too bad they didn't.  In fact, many of the items are at regular prices.  I'm only seeing a few sale prices and some clearance prices.

@SHOPR, good girl! (teehee)... I was hoping the same thing.  IMO, they are shooting themselves in the foot with their s & h charges.  I really liked the lit tree but I needed 2; if they would've offered a break on the s&h, I may have purchased.  It's ridiculous.

Respected Contributor

@SHOPR, thanks for the post about the s&h.  However,  I remember the day when you could order more than 1 of the same item, even if it was a different color, they gave you a break on the s&h.

I find myself ordering much less because of this.

Now keep telling yourself you were a good girl for not ordering.  I'm hoping I can find something locally to put on the as is red pedestals; keep your fingers crossed they arrive in good condition.

Always enjoy posting with you.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Opinions on H-209943

[ Edited ]

@HisElk1, Oh yes, I definitely remember the days when we got half off s&h on additional items of the same number or grouping.

I am happy to see more items showing up on lunchtime specials at nice low prices.  I'm sorry if they're having financial troubles, but honestly, these low prices are in line with what they should have been from the start, IMO.

Enjoy your pedestals.  If you have trouble finding the right bottle brush trees for them, some of us here may be able to help you locate some larger or fuller ones online.  There was a time when they were rare and we really had to search for them, but they're so popular now, that you shouldn't have a problem.  :-)

Respected Contributor

@SHOPR, I agree about the prices.  When shopping at local stores, their "as is" and lunchtime specials come closer to local retailers in our area.  I guess I miss the "good old days" when we got a break on the s&h.  But I suppose they're gone.

Thanks for your offer about helping with the bottlebush trees.  I'm going to check out a few stores during the week when they're less crowded.  We have an At Home, Big Lots, etc.

If I need any help I'll post, but thanks so much.