Valued Contributor

Opinions of Bethlehem Lights Christmas Trees

I would love to hear from anyone that has owned a pre-lit Bethlehem Lights Christmas Tree for a number of years and hear your opinion of the brand.

I'm pretty,but I'm not beautiful.
I sin, but I'm not the devil.
I'm good,but I'm not an angel.
Marilyn Monroe
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Opinions of Bethlehem Lights Christmas Trees

I've had multiple BL trees ( pre-lit) and they lasted for years.  I set up multiple trees in a variety of sizes each year.(inside and outside) The BL stake trees that I had were from years back and lasted for years and years. I only had to start to replace them last year. I  think I've had 3 or 4 full size trees over the years. They are easy to set up and store and the lights never burned out. There were a few years when BL stopped doing trees so I purchased a Santa's Best 5' tree with multi light functions. I liked the light functions on that tree and it was full with branches. Many years ago I purchsed three non traditional trees (2 gold and 1 white artic I still use those trees every year. 

I haven't purchased any tree in the last two years. I like the guarantee you receive from QVC. You really aren't going to know if you have a dud until after the holiday and then you're stuck with some other companies.  It does seem like everyone has trees. (Hallmark, Kohls, AT Home, Balsom Hill, Treetopia, Pier 1 and BBB) The guarantee is what makes me decide where to purchase.

Valued Contributor

@Fressa wrote:

I've had multiple BL trees ( pre-lit) and they lasted for years.  I set up multiple trees in a variety of sizes each year.(inside and outside) The BL stake trees that I had were from years back and lasted for years and years. I only had to start to replace them last year. I  think I've had 3 or 4 full size trees over the years. They are easy to set up and store and the lights never burned out. There were a few years when BL stopped doing trees so I purchased a Santa's Best 5' tree with multi light functions. I liked the light functions on that tree and it was full with branches. Many years ago I purchsed three non traditional trees (2 gold and 1 white artic I still use those trees every year. 

I haven't purchased any tree in the last two years. I like the guarantee you receive from QVC. You really aren't going to know if you have a dud until after the holiday and then you're stuck with some other companies.  It does seem like everyone has trees. (Hallmark, Kohls, AT Home, Balsom Hill, Treetopia, Pier 1 and BBB) The guarantee is what makes me decide where to purchase.

@Fressa
Thank you. I've been considering buying the new 5' tree for the landing on my staircase at the top of the stairs. I want a flocked tree, but so far Q only has the Hallmark flocked tree and people that purchased said it's only  4' tall and the stand makes it 5'.
My husband & I also set up multiple trees. I like the BL tree because it has 7 colors of lights.
I like the guarantee QVC gives, too. No, you definitely can't get that anywhere else.

Marilyn Monroe
Esteemed Contributor

I had purchased a BL small tree for my mom some years back.....it was a really nice tree...lots of lights...lasted a few years and my mom would always comment how pretty it was....

Valued Contributor

@kelsey17 wrote:

I had purchased a BL small tree for my mom some years back.....it was a really nice tree...lots of lights...lasted a few years and my mom would always comment how pretty it was....

@kelsey17
Thank you. Unfortunately, while I was waiting for my  DH to watch the video they sold the last 5' Bethlehem lights tree with the multi-color lights.

Marilyn Monroe
Honored Contributor

I bought a 5 foot BL tree two years ago, so we have used it for two seasons, and not problem. I'm happy with the light and the variety of choices in bright/flicker/fade etc. and love the fullness of the tree. 

What I do notice is that my next big tree, I want to have the dual lights, both white and colored, and the presentations I see, BL doesn't do this feature (or at least not on many of their trees yet). I see this as the way of the future, I mean why wouldn't you, if investing in a tree, want the option to have both, so you can use the tree in multiple ways at different times?

So I have to wonder if this year BL will do the dual trees and lots of them. Seems other companies are really on that bandwagon.

Trusted Contributor

I have had two of their trees for 5 years and they are great!  No problems with lights going out and everything works well.  I store them standing in my garage and haven't had any issues.  One of them has a remote and it works great, too - in fact, the battery seems to be lasting forever.  Last year I purchased a flocked Hallmark tree from the Q but I'm ashamed to say I didn't put it out.  I hope when I unpack it and turn it on, that I'm just as happy with it as I have been with Bethlehem's. 

Valued Contributor

@Mominohio wrote:

I bought a 5 foot BL tree two years ago, so we have used it for two seasons, and not problem. I'm happy with the light and the variety of choices in bright/flicker/fade etc. and love the fullness of the tree. 

What I do notice is that my next big tree, I want to have the dual lights, both white and colored, and the presentations I see, BL doesn't do this feature (or at least not on many of their trees yet). I see this as the way of the future, I mean why wouldn't you, if investing in a tree, want the option to have both, so you can use the tree in multiple ways at different times?

So I have to wonder if this year BL will do the dual trees and lots of them. Seems other companies are really on that bandwagon.

@Mominohio
I had a 5' BL tree in my cart  - the latest one with multicolor lights, and before I finished shopping, the tree was sold out. So I guess I'll have to wait until next year. But I'm glad to hear they're quality trees.

Marilyn Monroe
Valued Contributor

@Shogirl wrote:

I have had two of their trees for 5 years and they are great!  No problems with lights going out and everything works well.  I store them standing in my garage and haven't had any issues.  One of them has a remote and it works great, too - in fact, the battery seems to be lasting forever.  Last year I purchased a flocked Hallmark tree from the Q but I'm ashamed to say I didn't put it out.  I hope when I unpack it and turn it on, that I'm just as happy with it as I have been with Bethlehem's. 

@Shogirl
Thank you. I had a 5' BL tree with multicolor lights in my cart but before I finished shopping it was sold out. I wanted one of the Hallmark flocked trees but I wasn't shopping on Q a year ago.

Marilyn Monroe
Honored Contributor

@SweetSydney wrote:

@Mominohio wrote:

@Mominohio
I had a 5' BL tree in my cart  - the latest one with multicolor lights, and before I finished shopping, the tree was sold out. So I guess I'll have to wait until next year. But I'm glad to hear they're quality trees.

@SweetSydney

There will be a lot more new trees before Christmas. They usually have more in August and Sept. so keep checking back to see if there is a style you like.