CB7B7057-61B8-4851-8BC7-00A5CE07AA6A.jpeg

Respected Contributor

Re: ** Old Hollywood ~ Christmas **

@Toots711 

Love Bette Davis!

Thanks for posting.

Honored Contributor

Back in the day there were "tinsel families" and "garland families".  The garland families didn't use tinsel because it was too messy.  Ironically, the garland was made of tinsel; kind of like "controlled" tinsel.

We were a garland family.

Honored Contributor

@faeriemoon ,

We were a tinsel family till years later my Mom got tired of the tinsel getting caught in the vacuum.....she went to garland and the tinsel was history.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@DREAMON  LOL!!!

Adding:  I totally get it.  The first year I was married I wanted tinsel because we were never allowed to have it.  That little act of rebellion was short lived; it does make a mess!!

Respected Contributor

All you Garland lovers may be winning out. Tinsel is a rare find in the stores these days.

Esteemed Contributor

we were a tinsel family when I was very young .   Then around 11 my mother said we must do garland for the same reasons stated by some of you .   I still miss that lovely look of the tinsel ,  didn't know you could purchase it anywhere I never see it in any of the stores .   I may look online for next Christmas !  Need patience though have to put on branches one at a time .  I remember my dad was a stickler about that lol.   As a small child I would just throw bunches on 😂🤣