Respected Contributor

Oh what fun it is....to decorate our new tree.

Some of you may have read my other posts about getting a new Christmas tree.  I wanted a smaller tree and favor white lights.  DH won with a 7+ foot multicolor and multifunction.  Well the tree is beautiful with the 3000 colored lights morphing.

But ladies, it is a bear to decorate.  First off, I was in a quandary as to color theme.  I literally have hundreds, upon hundreds of Christmas ornaments in every color except orange, yellow or pink.  Years past, I'd decorate by color; red and white, all white, gold/silver, etc.

I decided to use my older,  more delicate ornaments that are figural or hand blown from Europe for a multicolor effect.  All is going well, except the branches are as stiff as a board.  I am trying to nestle the ornaments and the dang branches just won't bend.  I'd like to bop someone from the manufacturer.

Well I will carry on.  Probably will not be remembered as one of our prettier decorated trees, but oh well.  I am getting to old to care much anymore.  If DH wouldn't be disappointed, I just poke some sprigs of whatever in it,  put a star on top and throw on some old fashioned silver tinsel.

Have a great day, everyone.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Oh what fun it is....to decorate our new tree.

@Allegheny

Hi Allegheny!  typing with one hand

Oh,my, those branches!  I would have thought they'd be bendable, as most artificial trees are. How frustrating for you.

However, your choice  of ornaments sounds magnificent!  I'd love to see your tree!

I think you'll get a kick out of what my husband did.  I think we must have 4-5 trees.  I really like the burly 7' tall one, but husband likes the skinny 6' tree that doesn't even look like it's 6' tall.  So a week ago i went and really badly sprained my right wrist and hand.  I lost 9 Christmas crochet commissions and can't bake one darn cookie. Now there's the tree. Can't do any of that either.  You should see that thing. Husband put it together and refused to move the little branches around,up and down, which would be really easy. So, now I'm looking at a decorated tree with humongous gaps between each level.  in decorating, he chose his favorites first. didn't ask me squat.  Then, get this, he got all upset BECAUSE HE COULDN'T LOCATE THE LARGE AND SMALL JOAN RIVERS ORNAMENTS!!!!!!  He had to drive down to our storage garage and sure enough, there was one last box with the JOAN ORNAMENTS and other really special ones in it.  At least I can sit here and enjoy Joan's ornaments.

Merry Christmas, Alleghany!

Respected Contributor

I’m sure your tree is very pretty. The ornaments sound awesome! Every tree seems to have its own personality and pros/cons. You’ll get this one wrangled!

Honored Contributor

@Allegheny  Sorry to hear of your struggles decorating the tree. I assume your DH got the Santa's Best with the microlights (H215279)?

The number of lights must make it look magical. Unfortunately, a downside to that type of tree though is that the lights can't be fixed/replaced. I hope your tree lights last many years without any lighting issues Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I'm sure the free will look beautiful once you get going.