Honored Contributor

Re: Oh geez I did some shopping today😱🎃👻

@Kachina624

Years ago I loved going to yard/estate sales buy a piece of furniture (or whatever) and refurbish it my way. I loved doing that. I had big work area etc. now I have no place to do it!  And I'm yet to find a store in this area that re-purposes just lots of consignment shops.

I really want to sell my DR hutch (came with house) and replace with a true farmhouse style but one I loved was by Joanna Grimes - Fixer Upper was $2999 and loved Paula Deens was $3590. Hmmm at this stage of the game (life) I'm not paying that kinda $$$ & I just keep going to estate sales & consignment shops.

Honored Contributor

@homedecor1 wrote:

Stopped at a few of my fav stores: 

Old Time Pottery: oh my it's definitely my go to place for any & all I need for home decor.  Love their lanterns & Fall decor was overwhelming - prices so cheap!  Here's a little sampling:

I bought 2 fall garden flags (3.99/each), a few little light up pumpkins & ghosts for GD Halloween box (1.99/each) and well, a rooster I fell in love with put in my cart - I didn't buy him BUT I know he's going to grace my kitchen somewhere!  The big one it's such a good price I've got to find him a home somewhere in my DR or Kitchen area!

IMG_7565.JPG

IMG_7526.JPG

IMG_2030.JPG

Then to Joanne's used my bday coupon on (l) turkey, owl & 2 raffata pumpkins.  Then to Michaels bought 2 wreaths!

IMG_2031.JPG

@Spurt:

Even 98 degrees didn't stop my spree today because I was furious  with the idiots who are the Board of Directors "good ole boys" & was I'm in a shopping mood....good for me but bad for spouse! He was doing the 🕺🕺that I went out after being together 6 days!!! Lol

@homedecor1  I like that rooster!

Respected Contributor

@homedecor1

In the you're home with Jill show this morning, the raffia pumpkins are identical to the ones in your picture, and almost identical , are the sisal turkeys !

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Azcowgirl

yes I saw them. I bought at Joanne's (3.99 sm/5.99 large) the turkey was 7.99, and owl was $3.39. They have great selection of fall at 40% off.  Couldn't beat those prices!!!! (And no shipping fees)

Respected Contributor

Wow!! Looks like you had a fun time. So many goodies. I have to admit, those places overwhelm me. There is so much to see that I usually can't decide what to get and end up with nothing. Smiley Sad

If I had someone to go with, besides DH, that would be patient and helpful, it might be fun for me. It would be so cool if the holiday forum gals could go shopping together!

Anyway, not trying to be a Debbie Downer. Thanks for the great pics! Looking forward to your decor pics this upcoming season. Smiley Happy
Honored Contributor

@crazycockermom

believe me I take mine NOWHERE with me esp. shopping!!! He's worse than a 3 yr old I think he asks me at least 50x's "do you really need that?", "where are you putting that?", "that's just more to store", "I'm tired", "you've been in here forever (after 5 min) & on and on.  I told many years ago it's my "fun time" so you are never to come with me again! And he never has thank god! 

The only time he does go shopping is when he needs new golf clothes, etc. (which is maybe 1 time a year). He hates everything I buy him so  told him "not your mother" go get your own stuff! He does & I love it!

And for the record, he goes to bed super early - time to bring in my goodies!!!! Lol!!!!😉 He never notices anything -- he's in his own little world EXCEPT when that darn UPS guy rings the bell at 7:00 pm -- I liked it better when they stopped doing that!!!  He perks right up!!!! Lol. 

And you're not a "debbie downer" we all have 1!!!! 

Honored Contributor

ACMoore, Michael's and Joanne's are my places to shop, and, once in awhile Hobby Lobby because it is about 45 minutes away. Thanks for posting,

Related image

Respected Contributor

Spoiler

@homedecor1

You are sooooo lucky to be getting an At Home, what state do you live in? I am 1 1/2 hours away from one, but I have made the trip. You will enjoy COSTCO also. Once in awhile they will have some home decor items that are nice.

Respected Contributor

Girl, you cleaned up! Good for you. Shopping is good for the soul...well, it is in my world anyway. Ha!

Speaking of those pesky husbands, once in awhile I forget how bad it can be and make the mistake of taking mine with me. And then I quickly remember what a horror show it can be. Like the last time I took my hubby to Walmart. We had shopped the grocery side of the store and then we were heading over to the side with the cosmetics, toothpaste, vitamins, etc. My husband thinks he's Mr. Funny and in a loud voice right there in the middle of the store he says, "Yeah, don't forget to get your hemorrhoid suppositories." Mr Funny he is NOT!!!     

Honored Contributor

@homedecor1, wow, love OTP, the only one that I knew about was about an hour and a half away from me, but I did, a few times, make the trip just to go there. Always found lots of goodies and at such great prices, it made the trip very worthwhile. Unfortunately they closed several years ago. Have fun with all your new finds.

"To each their own, in all things".