Honored Contributor

Re: Oh Good Grief WHAT In the World Was I Thinking!!

@tsavorite

You are describing my nightmare during any given holiday. The buildup of dust on stuff makes any season tough. 

I agree...toss that thing. If you can.

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@tsavorite  If you have a leaf blower, take it outside and blow the glitter off of it.   That should take care of any loose glitter and make it safe to bring indoors again.

glitter in the grass won't hurt it.

Respected Contributor

@tsavorite...I took all the trees outside and hosed them down good and let them drip dry in the shed. Maybe that would get rid of the stuff that is shedding, otherwise like others are saying, 

maybe best to start over with a new one !

Respected Contributor

Ok just suggested the leaf blower idea...that got a "slient" reaction then a NO!  LOL

Seems like taking it outside for any reason is a NO at this point.  

Esteemed Contributor

@kaydee50 wrote:

We all make mistakes some more costly than others.  My DH's philosphy is--correct the mistake and then forget it.  IMO I would ditch the tree and look for an alternative if you still want to put one up.  

@kaydee50, My husband thinks like that too, whereas I tend to rehash my mistakes, which is really a waste of time.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Honored Contributor

@tsavorite wrote:

Ok just suggested the leaf blower idea...that got a "slient" reaction then a NO!  LOL

Seems like taking it outside for any reason is a NO at this point.  

Oh too bad.  My DH loves the leaf blower.  He uses it all years long for something.  The sound of it drives my dogs crazy.

too bad you don't live close.  I'd send him over.

If he won't take it outside now, maybe he will when it is time to take down the Christmas items.  You could blow the glitter off outside for next year before you put it away.

Esteemed Contributor

@tsavorite

Like you, I would torture myself over such a purchase.  The ONLY way I can get over it is to remove the offending item.  Otherwise, EVERY time I see it, I rehash the mistake.

Personally, I liked the idea of blowing it off.

Better yet, I liked the idea of putting it on the curb with a "free" sign...or possibly moving it closer to the curb for trash pickup Cat LOL

Respected Contributor

I think this is a time when I would either ignore my DH's wishes and take the tree to the trash or insist on the leaf blower.   Wonder why he likes the tree so much.  He must like the glitter if he won't blow it off with the leaf blower.  That sounds like a good idea to me.  You may like it without the glitter.  Maybe press your DH for the leaf blower; then you can both win.  No glitter and keep the tree.  Both of you winning is always the best solution.

Valued Contributor

Sell it on craigslist or nextdoor.

Respected Contributor

I think we all make mistakes like that. When it happens I want it gone one way or another. If no one wants it it usually goes to Sal’s.