Regular Contributor

Re: Oh Good Grief WHAT In the World Was I Thinking!!

I think giving it away, if it's usable, is a good idea. I've done that with clothes--I'm not going to go to the trouble of taking it back and there's a lot of people who are in need. So if it's ok but I just don't like it, I like to give it away and think there's some poor people walking around town in nice clothes.

After all, where is it written that needy people have to wear rags?

Respected Contributor

@Carmie wrote:

@tsavorite wrote:

Ok just suggested the leaf blower idea...that got a "slient" reaction then a NO!  LOL

Seems like taking it outside for any reason is a NO at this point.  

Oh too bad.  My DH loves the leaf blower.  He uses it all years long for something.  The sound of it drives my dogs crazy.

too bad you don't live close.  I'd send him over.

If he won't take it outside now, maybe he will when it is time to take down the Christmas items.  You could blow the glitter off outside for next year before you put it away.

OR when he goes back to work on Monday I will have my son help me do this outside....I plan on NOT decorating it all weekend LOL!!

Esteemed Contributor

@tsavorite

Why wait until AFTER the holidays to eliminate this frustration from your life?  Life is short. Go out Monday, purchase a new tree and have it all decorated by the time your husband arrives hone from work.

One year when we replaced our faux tree with a new one, I put lights on the old one and "planted" it in our front yard for the holidays.