Respected Contributor

Re: Obsessed With This Pottery Barn Display

I use photos like this as inspiration. Went to Micheals where they have the pots and flowers. Haven’t made it to Joann’s yet.

Honored Contributor

@Witchy Woman wrote:

@fancy pantsy 

Yes, my mother too.  She had three huge lilac bushes at the edge of the yard and would bring in big stems of them that would fragrance the whole house (it was a small house). Cat Very Happy

She adored those bushes.  I miss the lilacs of old.  The newer ones don't seem to be as pretty or have the deep lilac scent.

One of my favorite flowers, but the deer would eat them to the dirt if I tried to grow them.

@Witchy Woman 

I don't buy a lot of cut flowers, but when I do, I prefer flowers with fragrance, particularly ones that are actually known for their scents, such as the wonderful lilac.  

Do you find it difficult to purchase flowers with scents lately?  I find in my area cut flowers are pretty much scent-free.  I suspect it's because scented flowers don't last as well during shipping.  

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@GingerPeach 

I think most flowers now have little scent.   Maybe it is the refrigeration that kills it.

Nothing can match those old lilacs....I used to love Lily of the Valley too...such illusive scents!