Honored Contributor

OLD FASHIONED KITCHEN AT CHRISTMAS, FESTIVE CHICKENS OPTIONAL

92107555_1053979171647159_574036642696790016_o.jpg

A few here might remember Paige and her husband, a pair of engineers who are painstakingly restoring their originally tumbledown 1906 farmhouse deep in the countryside.

She did the video last year of Christmas decorating her staircase in home-made, period-friendly decorations.

A lot has happened since then--  they've finished rebuilding their kitchen, pantry, and first floor bathroom, and the dining room is just down to the painting now.

Paige is a delight, and marches to her own drummer, which includes having a "mustard" kitchen!  Not my favorite, but that kitchen is so in keeping with the house, and this video, with her sewing seasonal pillows for the settee, and providing other festive touches, is a fun watch.  It's kind of like a 'decorating' Christmas special.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gDvpwnCsDGI

Respected Contributor

Re: OLD FASHIONED KITCHEN AT CHRISTMAS, FESTIVE CHICKENS OPTIONAL

@Oznell   Ever since you first posted about her site I have been following her.  I would not miss an episode!  Each one is interesting and fun. 

On one episode she mentioned she doesn't always play well with others so I think she has definitely found her niche in life. 

I can't wait to see what they do with the upstairs and the attic!

Honored Contributor

That is a fun video and while not within my taste zone, I do like the results!!!!!!

I admire creativity in every aspect it entails.  Paige is very talented and certainly creative and most importantly loves what she does!  While simple, all the decorations work and I especially loved the greenery and bows which to me, gave the room life and the festive feeling.  

Thanks for the video !t shows how you can be creative in a simple way and achieve results like Paige!!!!  It is a sense of accomplishment.

Honored Contributor

I'm no Paige. She is self assured and knows what works for her.

Esteemed Contributor

I usually find these decorating videos of some interest, particularly when it comes to Christmas decorating.  I am going to be the “spoiler” here, but showing how to make a heavy stair rail garland with fresh greens really jolted me.

Even a fresh tree can be a fire hazard if not watered carefully and/or kept after it has dried out a bit.  I just can’t understand anyone recommending elaborate treatments with fresh greens that will dry out quickly.  

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Oznell 

Thank you for posting.

I enjoyed the video and will catch up with her on You Tube. Simple decorating but effective.

Respected Contributor

I enjoy watching her and the results. I love the fresh greens. Every year my husband and I take a ride to get greens. I only use them outside. Everywhere. My porch, the benches and the deck.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Oznell 

She's delightful, and I have done what she did in cutting pine from the trees surrounding my house.

One year, I filled big brass buckets going all the way up my stairs with pine branches.  It was perfect, and cheap.

I adore her cats Cat LOL

I'd love to have her as a neighbor!

Honored Contributor

How fun was this video!!! Thanks for posting it. I really enjoyed it. There is something so "refreshing" about it.

Honored Contributor

I do like Paige and her presentations. I love fresh greenery but all the ribbon is just not me.