Honored Contributor

Re: Now that's how 'ya do it!

I was really dreading taking the rest of the fall stuff down and putting it away -- even though that is nothing compared to the Christmas thing!  

I thought --- no way am I going to get all of that done in one day!  I remember last year it took me like 3 days to get it all accomplished.  The spirit is willing but the flesh is weak --- isn't that how that saying goes?

Any how--- I got up yesterday and felt half decent for me -- and DH said --- c'mon, let's go to the garage -- you show me what needs toted to the basement for the decorating.  I was so relieved, as I did this part myself last year and my back went out and I was in bad shape for months!  

After that, I finished with the fall things and really started in on the Christmas stuff.  DH tackled the outside and then put up the tree.  I got all the rest of the decorations up and then decorated the tree.  All in the same day!  I was totally amazed at how everything just fell together for once.  Yes, I was exhausted and went to bed with the chickens --- but, boy did it feel good to be done!  

Now, tomorrow, I will begin doing Christmas cards.  

I have not been in the happiest of moods but I forced myself, and it did make me feel somehwat better!!! 

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Respected Contributor

Re: Now that's how 'ya do it!

Having everything reachable and in containers I can manage by myself has worked better for me.  Although I didn’t do much decorating this year, I didn’t need to wait on someone else to help or settle for what they have time/energy to do.