Honored Contributor

Completely UNdecorated the house of fall this morning in one hour flat!

Got straight out of bed, and knew if it was going to get done, it had to be now (vet appointment for the cat later).

Four tubs of decor (half of that now is candle rings, pics and wreaths!) all packed back up and stacked in the basement!

Taking some time to get a bit of breakfast, then the cleaning begins!

Respected Contributor

Re: Now that's how 'ya do it!

WOW! You've got some major post Thanksgiving Day energy going on there. Not me. I'm in a real slug mode/mood this morning. Wish I had more get up and go. 

As the saying goes, "I'll have what she's having." HA!

Honored Contributor

@pupwhipped, I'm with you in slug mode today, just can't seem to get going, on anything. Got my laundry started and a bit of cleaning, lots more cleaning before the decorating can begin. Oh and I also need to do another leaf cleanup of the yard, before it gets too cold out there.
Congrats @Mominohio, for your burst of energy.
"To each their own, in all things".
Honored Contributor

@Snicks1

@pupwhipped

IT is some odd burst of energy indeed. Reminds me of when I was in my 20's. But alas, it won't last. 

I take an anti inflammatory medication, and I can only take it so long before it bothers my stomach, and I have to stop. I've been on it for a year this time, taking it as sparingly as I could (every other or every third day), but it caught up with me again, and I had to stop it a week and a half ago. 

All the aches and pains are coming back in full force, and making it really hard to move. I knew the fall decor had to go, so when the sun was bright and shiny this morning, I plowed through it all!

Off to clean, then when I come back from the vet, I'll decide whether or not to decorate. It might be tomorrow before I get into it. 

The great thing about having most of the Christmas decor for each room stored in that room, is that I can maybe do like just the family room tonight, and not have a holy mess all over the house tearing into things. 

I really have liked this storing most of the room's decor right in it. Makes a lot less trips up and down steps, and the regular decor goes right back into the ottoman/trunk that the holiday stuff comes out of. It's as easy as I can come up with for decorating/undecorating for the season. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Mominohio  Wow ! You go, girl !! I was up at 4:30, but spent most of the time cleaning my kitchen. Have a hair appt at 10, then I'm going to follow suit as you did when I get home. I can't wait to get started.

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Respected Contributor

@Mominohio Wow! You are going strong.  It's hot here, so I will be moving slowly today especially since I stayed up very late on Thanksgiving eve to bake a cake for Thanksgiving.

Respected Contributor

pupwhipped, I think the problem is T.V. And the shopping channes l think. My New Years resolution is going to be to go back before I got lazy trying to find happiness with shopping channes, and to much T.V. Let the new me" BEGIN"!!!!! Now before it gets worse, and don't wait until December 31st. 

Respected Contributor

mominohio, Baby steps, or it will be bad. It didn't get like this in a day, one day at a time, one goal at a time. Let's do this together my buddy!!Happy fresh new start!!!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Mominohio

wow! After my company left I took care of cleaning up, washing kitchen floors, laundering the linens & emptying dishwasher/putting things away. I can never go to bed with dishes in the sink - I'm a little OCD🙃

But, you've got me beat I had a "surge of energy" about 11:30 last night & took down my Fall decor.  I just put it on the DR table, etc. 

After doing this, I figured oh heck just pack it.  About 3:00AM I finished - 3 containers filled and marked for EASY locating in attic.  I finished up outside today.  

All signs of Fall packed away BUT I woke up to this sitting in my LR🙄 guess he wasn't kidding he brought the Christmas of the attic :

IMG_2211.JPG

The rest is in the garage!  I still haven't gotten my new things out of the boxes (or closets) so the next couple of days should be fun & exhausting all together!!!

And it was nice to see some of my "favorite" things again!!!  Happy decorating ... 

Valued Contributor

Congratulations, @Mominohio! That was really quick!

Now, I hope you take a nice, longer break before the aches come soaring on.