Respected Contributor

Re: No longer set up a tree for holidays.

I just have a couple little ones I put up away from my cats. I've had the one for 20  years + and the other belonged to my late mom. Tell you the truth I still enjoy looking at them. At the end of the season, I just put a garbage bag over them, ornaments and all, and put away till the next season.

Trusted Contributor

Majority of the time, yes - I do put up a tree.  However, if there is a year when I just don't feel like I want to, I just decorate the house, minus the tree.

Honored Contributor

We won't put up a second tree this year.  We got a big 12 foot one a few years ago and the guys who put up the yard lights (we now have a ladder-free home by decree of ME) will put it up.

It has a ton of lights on it, and we use a very few BIG ornaments on it.  You don't need many on a big tree like that.  So that and a couple of nativity sets and a lighted angel and a set of 2 ft-tall Carolers are going to be it. 

Contributor

I HAVE A 3 FOOT TREE THAT LIGHTS ARE ON AND THAT IS IT.  I JUST LIKE

SEEING THE LIGHTS ON. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@NickNack wrote:

@traveler   I don't either and haven't for several years.  I have a two year old cat now who would definitely destroy the tree, so it's a good thing I don't want one!

@NickNack 

I have down sized in my tree size and cut back a bit on the decorating, but still love to do it....

Oh those memories of my kitties and trees over the years....I had one cat that climbed up to the top of my real tree.....and had to always put non-breakable ornaments that were within my other cats' reach.....I started purchasing artificial trees... The 2 cats I have now are pretty good...they just like to sleep underneath the tree....but they mess up the tree skirt and of course get cat hair on it....and I cant put presents underneath because they like to chew on the bows and wrapping paper....Cat LOL

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

I like a tree for Christmas.  Whether one goes up or not depends on where Christmas is spent.

Honored Contributor

I have a small table top tree,did not use it last year,not sure about this year, only me and my dogs, must say i find it very sad the holidays, i so miss the way it was.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Respected Contributor

We put up just a ceramic one.

Esteemed Contributor

@fingerlakesny wrote:

If I live to be 100 and the last person on earth, I would still put up a tree.  It is very calming for me during the Christmas season to sit at night with just the tree lights on and listen to soft Christmas music.  My husband passed away 3 years ago and it is just me and my 5 kitties.  They have never gotten into the tree and ruined anything.  I just love Christmas and the true meaning.

Thank you so much for this! I'm actually going to print it out and post it where I can see it.

Having been thru a lot in my life I cherish the fact that I'm at a place where I can celebrate as I choose and everyone else's rules be danged.

Respected Contributor

At the bare minimum everyone should at least put up a 3 foot tree. I have a Bethlehem Lights tree that is pre lit and I hang Thomas Pacconi ornaments on it.  Many of us remember Thomas and his unique well designed glass blown ornaments. Such a shame he left Qvc. Last I heard he was at Walgreens of all places.