Honored Contributor

Re: No SweetHearts Candy Conversation Hearts This Year

I never liked them; too chalky to me.   

Trusted Contributor

I like the conversation hearts but just can't remember which ones are the ones I like (duh!).

Anyway, it's funny when you compare the sayings on the hearts at present (Text Me, LOL, Tweet Me) and compare them to the sayings of years past (True Love, Be Mine, Love Bug)...makes you wonder what the sayings will be 30 years from now!  That is, if they are still making them!

Esteemed Contributor

@lOVETOSHOP wrote:

I like the conversation hearts but just can't remember which ones are the ones I like (duh!).

Anyway, it's funny when you compare the sayings on the hearts at present (Text Me, LOL, Tweet Me) and compare them to the sayings of years past (True Love, Be Mine, Love Bug)...makes you wonder what the sayings will be 30 years from now!  That is, if they are still making them!

@lOVETOSHOP Good thinking, yeah who knows if they will still exist? One heart can read

your place? and another can read or mine? Definitely would only buy bag with original

saying, they are the sweetest sayings (pun intended). 😊

Respected Contributor

Ha. This was “news” on our morning news station this morning. The anchors were going on and on...must be a slow news day. I think they are cute but chalky. Ick.  

Honored Contributor

@beach-mom, I heard this last night on our local news and could not believe it, this little hearts have been around forever, I just loved reading them, never really cared for the taste, so sad!

Honored Contributor

@Hooty wrote:

@beach-mom, I heard this last night on our local news and could not believe it, this little hearts have been around forever, I just loved reading them, never really cared for the taste, so sad!

@Hooty - I agree with you! I know I've eaten them in the past, but it's not one I couldn't wait to get - to eat! It just won't seem like Valentine's Day without them. I remember getting them in cards, and all of the girls in the class gathering around to see which boy sent the ones that said "Hug Me" or "Kiss Me," and then we would all giggle (and the girl who got it would be ecstatic)! I also remember my children sorting through them when they were going to take them to class!

They didn't taste good, but we had to have them! Smiley Happy