Occasional Contributor

No Russell Stover TSV for gifts

My December 9 ship date for the TSV just shipped yesterday and will arive after Christmas. I tried to cancel it because no one at QVC had any knowledge of why they did not ship. The day after I was promised a cancel and a $10 credit, it shipped anyway. All the people I was going to give it to, - doctors office, school office staff are on vacation - some until the second week of January. Should I try for a refund because I already gifted them something else when it did not arrive. BTW 1000s of folks had that ship date and not one call or letter from QVC that it was going to be delayed. Huge mess up from Russell Stover.

Respected Contributor

Re: No Russell Stover TSV for gifts

Candy gets old so it's not like you can save it until next year.  I would ask for a refund and send it all back.  I'm willing to give vendors some leeway this year because I know everyone is struggling to keep their businesses going while staying safe, but a food gift arriving after Christmas is unacceptable, especially without prior notice.

Occasional Contributor

I agree, especially when it was ordered in September. No tins here either and doesn't look like they will arrive today either.

Frequent Contributor

@dvard wrote:

My December 9 ship date for the TSV just shipped yesterday and will arive after Christmas. I tried to cancel it because no one at QVC had any knowledge of why they did not ship. The day after I was promised a cancel and a $10 credit, it shipped anyway. All the people I was going to give it to, - doctors office, school office staff are on vacation - some until the second week of January. Should I try for a refund because I already gifted them something else when it did not arrive. BTW 1000s of folks had that ship date and not one call or letter from QVC that it was going to be delayed. Huge mess up from Russell Stover.

I also ordered for Xmas gifts.  I understand we are in strange times at the moment, and was being patient waiting for the order and would give after the new year.  Called once again today, and while I was indeed CHARGED for the candy, I have yet to receive them.  I am very disappointed as QVC never notified me of a shipping delay, and only discovered the issue while reading QVC blogs.  This is not acceptable, poor customer service, and to be charged for something which NEVER SHIPPED has left me speechless!!

Respected Contributor

@dvard wrote:

Shame on Russell Stover !   Buyer beware I have always associated this as a drug store brand not a fine chocolatier.

Respected Contributor

I love Russell Stover: it is not just a "drugstore brand."

I was going to order the TSV, but just didn't get to it. I can understand people being upset that their gifts were delayed, though. I do believe that it almost couldn't have been helped--during the Covid year.

Honored Contributor

IMO the company Russell Stover owes every customer who ordered this in good faith an apology and a refund. They should also give you a coupon to use in the future. We had to understand a lot of shipping delays this year, understandably so. But to promote something as a Christmas gift and have it not get there is wrong!

Honored Contributor

Mine, and my mom's TSV tins sets were delayed but did ship and arrive, but mine were too late for a few of the gift giving events I has planned for them. 

I would say that anyone who's date was missed and it caused an issue should ask for a refund. There really isn't any excuse, when ordered months in advance, in the middle of an already complicated pandemic, that they couldn't foresee what might come in the fall and close to the holidays, and plan accordingly in how many (or how few) to sell, and how early to get the shipping out. The shipping companies and the USPS were all telling people as early as the beginning of October it was going to be rough, and get it done early. 

I didn't request a refund as I was still able to use most of the order in the manner I had intended, just a couple of people I had to make other arrangements for. 

The pandemic has made worse, an already lousy shipping model that QVC has been using. There were so many things between my mom and I, that were ordered this year, and never shipped, over sold etc. and we never got them. Frustrating to say the least. 

Trusted Contributor

This is how, and why so many companies are facing bankruptcy this year.  Food manufacturers particularly.

A relatively small company like Russell Stover that needs multiple ingredients for their products, relies on dozens of other suppliers all facing the shutdowns and reductions of a workforce that cannot do this kind of work from home.

I know this has been a major fiasco for so many; but I do hope everyone who is thinking of demanding a refund because the product did not arrive in time for Christmas Day, will in the spirit of Christmas, think again.  I am relatively sure that Russell Stover had a situation where every effort was made, but was really out of their hands. 

I have no affiliation with Russell Stover, but as a former employee for a small manufacturer of an ingredient that was purchased from us by Russell Stover, I've seen small companies that have had to shut down for lack of one ingredient. 

I just don't see how punishing the company by demanding refunds will help anything when the company was obviously struggling during a season that probably made up more than 50% of their annual revenue.

Trusted Contributor

I thnink to be honest they sold more than they could deliver and it is easy to use Covid for everything so you don't look bad.  This company did not reach out to the many who placed advanced orders nor did QVC so many had to scramble and shop for other gifts almost at Christmas, thats kinda dirty. As the other poster said buyer beware! I have not seen Russell Stover on Q's website since.