Respected Contributor

Re: No Juneteenth Merchandise

@RetRN    There are 11 federal holidays no where near 5 per month. If 11 are too many for you which ones do you want to do away with 4th of July, Veterans Day, or Christmas maybe? 

Trusted Contributor

In all my years, I have never seen any Juneteenth merchandise.  In my state, the day only started to be recognized as a holiday in 2020.  I don't recall learning about it when I was in school, I don't recall my kids learning about it, and my kids have said they don't recall learning about it either.  So sadly and shamefully, for some of us, it just wasn't on our radar until recently.  

There may 11 Federal holidays, but not every employer honors them all.  Where I work, we only had Juneteenth recognized for one year, in 2021.  As of last fall, due to budget concerns, my employer cut several of our benefits, including holidays. Now we only get 7 holidays; New Year's day, MLK day, Memrial day, July 4th, Labor day, Thanksgiving and Christmas.  They had at first cut Labor day, but then gave it back to us under employee protest.

I don't think any of the posts I've read so far in this thread were meant to be disrespectful about Juneteenth.  I think, hope, over time it will be more understood and honored.

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it is political.

Trusted Contributor

@haddon9 If you read magazines such as Ebony, Jet, or Essence and newspapers such as Amsterdam News, the Pittsburgh Courier, the Chicago Defender, etc. then the information would have been visible.  Major magazines and newspaper were not necessarily interested to any great measure until the 2000s.

Honored Contributor

@50Mickey wrote:

@RetRN    There are 11 federal holidays no where near 5 per month. If 11 are too many for you which ones do you want to do away with 4th of July, Veterans Day, or Christmas maybe? 

My oh my, aren't you a gem? You seem to have nothing of substance to contribute. What a ridiculous post.

Respected Contributor

I bought Juneteenth merchandise from QVC back in the 90's. 

Trusted Contributor

@deeva wrote:

I bought Juneteenth merchandise from QVC back in the 90's. 

@deeva That's interesting. What types of things were you able to purchase? I wonder what happened...

"The good thing about Science is that it's true, whether or not you believe in it."
Neil deGrasse Tyson
Respected Contributor

@RetRN wrote:

@50Mickey wrote:

My oh my, aren't you a gem? You seem to have nothing of substance to contribute. What a ridiculous post.

@RetRN wrote:

@50Mickey wrote:

@RetRN   It's funny that you find my post ridiculous. I imagine it is because I called out the hyperbole in your post. You couldn't think of an appropriate response so you resorted to an insult. Maybe if you read my post with an open mind you would see that I in no way insulted you. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Mom2Dogs wrote:

@tends2dogs wrote:

@SamBrown wrote:

@tends2dogs wrote:

People could find fault with any retailer if they look hard enough.  Personally, I will not support Target and their offering of women's bathing suits that accomodate men's equipment.....if you get my gist.

@tends2dogs   You've go to be kidding me!!!!  These swimsuits really exist???Smiley Surprised

Yes, @SamBrown , Google it.  

TARGET is taking a LOT of heat over their offerings.

I applaud Target for being LGBTQ friendly.  I don't think they should back down or give in to the protesters.  

Esteemed Contributor

@SamBrown wrote:

@tends2dogs wrote:

People could find fault with any retailer if they look hard enough.  Personally, I will not support Target and their offering of women's bathing suits that accomodate men's equipment.....if you get my gist.

@tends2dogs   You've go to be kidding me!!!!  These swimsuits really exist???Smiley Surprised

--------------------------------------

@tends2dogs  I was wondering the same thing............gross!