Honored Contributor

I don't blame you for forgoing ham.  It's become an Easter cliche.  

I haven't decided what we'll have.  Probably vegetarian.

Honored Contributor

I like a spiral cut ham - my husband does not like the spiral cut - he likes a thick piece of ham.. I told him to layer several pieces on his plate, he didn't think my attempt at humor was funny.

Hmmm, maybe I could do a turkey breast in my crock pot. I have never done that but this year I could try.

Respected Contributor

pork loin roast, mash potato casserole, pineapple dressing/casserole, applesauce, green beans, lemon bars and pineapple upside down cake. plus wine and beer and of course candy!

Honored Contributor

The main item will be a spiral sliced brown sugar ham.

Up until about 5 years ago, I always made another turkey.

Honored Contributor

We never had a traditional Easter meal in our family.  It wasn't a time for get togethers--my family growing up or in my own home.  

Sometimes we'd go out with friends after church when I was a kid, but it wasn't an every year thing--nor was a specific or big meal.   It still isn't.  

Trusted Contributor

Because I am hosting 24 family members I am making two spiral cut hams and making my own honey glaze instead of purchasing a Honey Baked ham. Much cheaper from Costco!  I will be providing the drinks, ham and a few sides, but everyone else is bringing appetizers, sides and desserts. It will be a wonderful Easter celebration.

Respected Contributor

My family enjoys ham so we are having spiral ham, potato gratin, macaroni and cheese ( grandkids request), asparagus, and coleslaw. Rye bread instead of biscuits. Macaroons, pie, and ice cream. There will be 9 of us this year. Happy Easter everyone who celebrates.

Respected Contributor

I usually make Turkey on Easter. This year I am serving a Corky's ham that I bought at Christmas and didn't use. Why?... because I made Turkey. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Calcgirl wrote:

Because I am hosting 24 family members I am making two spiral cut hams and making my own honey glaze instead of purchasing a Honey Baked ham. Much cheaper from Costco!  I will be providing the drinks, ham and a few sides, but everyone else is bringing appetizers, sides and desserts. It will be a wonderful Easter celebration.

@Calcgirl  Well, that sounds like a full house and lots of good food and fun! I love having lots of people for any holiday. I figure, if I'm going to do all the prep work, it really doesn't matter if we're having 10 or 24. Just need to make sure there is enough table space and chairs.

Trusted Contributor

After having ham a couple times already since Christmas (we stock up when they are on holiday sale and keep in freezer) I don't feel like ham.  We are going completely against holiday tradition and smoking some ribs I have in the freezer.