Trusted Contributor

No BHG Christmas dishes this year?

Has anybody seen these dishes in their Walmarts?  I haven't.  Maybe they aren't going to make them anymore.  I always looked forward to seeing the new designs.

Respected Contributor

Re: No BHG Christmas dishes this year?

Winer Forest was discontinued in 2020 @DecorDiva....another poster asked about it last year & I found the information on Replacements, LTD, it's my go to source for my discontinued Corelle pattern.

Valued Contributor

@DecorDiva 

They are/were great.  Beautiful patterns.

I only have one from a few years back.  It's from the 12 Days of Christmas collection.  Mine has the partridges on it.  Not too Christmassy colorwise and I use it every day for lunch.

Esteemed Contributor

@DecorDiva 

I do remember that someone posted they were no longer making these, which is too bad.  Such a lovely, inexpensive set of dishware.

I have not seen ONE sent of holiday dishes in any Walmart this year and I've been to at least 4.  

Pioneer Woman seems to have a monopoly on dinnerware and there are some holiday dishes, but I don't care for them.

I still have a set from the past and I'm keeping them for now.  

Valued Contributor

@Witchy Woman 

Pioneer Woman has taken over the entire store.  She even has beauty products like scrunchies and cosmetic bags in her signature patterns.

I have a couple of her small bowls which are nice, but wouldn't want a whole set.

A couple of years ago,  she had a set of dishes that resembled vintage Jadeite from Anchor Hocking that I collect.  I was so bummed that you couldn't put it in the microwave. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Chopsmom 

Yes, I've seen that Jadeite look-a-like and thought it was pretty, but I try to limit myself on such things since I'm in a long-term streamlining relationship with my house catloll:

I've bought many of her cookie jars for gift baskets for the animal rescues I help, but they haven't had many new offerings.

This year, there is a big Christmas tree with a little beagle sitting under it.  Very cute.  Previously, they had a Yellow Lab jar that was very popular, but no more.

The dogs are models of her dogs and really appeal to "dog" people catloll:

Anyway, I agree with you that she's reached the saturation point in Walmart.  I expect it will begin to go downhill soon which is often what happens.  When you are down to scrunchies and makeup bags, that's just too much!

Her stuff is fine in limited doses, but it's way too floral and too many colors for my taste.  

Respected Contributor

Not dishes, but I think I noticed Pioneer Woman reading glasses at Walmart the other day.

Esteemed Contributor

@DecorDiva  I've been checking at both our Walmarts, and no dice on the BHG. Too bad, because I was late to that party. The PW items are not taking up the slack and are more expensive.

Honored Contributor

I'm secretly hoping and relieved when there are no new BGH 8 inch plates! LOL

I have a big tall stack of them from over the years. I have the dinnerware set and lots of the serving pieces as well, and I certainly don't need any more.

I'm grateful just to not be tempted. Sorry for those that are still hoping and wanting more. Hopefully they will come back, just never in my area's stores! LOL

Trusted Contributor

@Mominohio- I know what you mean! I didn't start at the beginning when they came out, but I do have a sizeable collection of small plates, serving dishes, larger plates and bowls. I'm just going to hang onto them for now. If Replacements paid more, I'd be tempted to get rid of many of my holiday dishes.