Respected Contributor

Re: Nice Discounts on Martha Stewart's Holiday Items

@SHOPR wrote:

FYI, This morning I notice that a lot of Martha's holiday items have switched to clearance prices.  They are only a few dollars more than yesterday's good sale prices...all we need now is a free shipping event!

@Marsha2003 I ordered a set of those winter floral picks by check last night, but I'm still undecided.  I know that if I like them, I'll want the wreath and garland also, and more picks.  I just have SO many greenery pieces in storage that I'm having a hard time justifying these new purchases.  But I suspect I would love them so much in my home. I will update when/if I receive them.

@SHOPR I had a really hard time resisting them because I love the colors.  Every time I have difficulty resisting a new purchase, I go into the garage and look at my Christmas decor storage.  I still WANT the item, but my will to resist is strengthened by the sight of all of the decor I already have.

Regular Contributor

@yellowrose wrote:

thank you @SHOPR   I ordered the set of 2 metal trees.

I have a large galvanized planter on a stand outside my back door that I

decorate for the season. I plan on using these trees in there.

One of the reviews said that the rustic urban nutcrackers go well with the trees.

I'll think about those.  I see they are available elsewhere for cheaper.

@yellowrose 

@SHOPR 

Thanks for the heads up on the discounts on Martha Stewart's Holiday Items. I decided to purchase several sets of the metal trees since they are a Prime Time Special today.

@yellowrose  you should be able to call and get a price adjustment on the trees you just purchased since it's within the 30 day period.

Martha's items are really nice.

Also, anyone that uses Ebates (they have a new name now) you can get 11% back today. That's the highest I've seen QVC offer.

Hope everyone enjoys their purchases!

Trusted Contributor

@laj3169  thank you for heads up on the price for the trees.  I got mine for $19.90, so I may not bother with a price adjustment of $1.28.

btw did you look at those Rustic Urban Nutcrackers (H323934) that one reviewer said is

a good match to these trees?  I got a set from WM (cheaper)

Enjoy your trees. I like that they are foldable.  That was the selling point for me.

Regular Contributor

@yellowrose wrote:

@laj3169  thank you for heads up on the price for the trees.  I got mine for $19.90, so I may not bother with a price adjustment of $1.28.

btw did you look at those Rustic Urban Nutcrackers (H323934) that one reviewer said is

a good match to these trees?  I got a set from WM (cheaper)

Enjoy your trees. I like that they are foldable.  That was the selling point for me.

@yellowrose 

I haven't checked out the Nutcrackers but I will. Thanks for the suggestion.

Esteemed Contributor

In case anyone is interested, Martha's metal trees are on the Primetime Specials list again tonight...

Esteemed Contributor

@Marsha2003 wrote:

@SHOPR You know I have loved the colors in the winter collection since they were introduced.  If you do buy the picks, please come back and tell me what you think about them.  Thank you.

@Marsha2003  I finally received the picks.  I'm attaching 3 photos that will hopefully help you see them in detail.   It's overcast today, so I used my phone's flashlight when taking the pictures.  If you have any questions, let me know.

I am pleased with the overall look and quality of the picks, and I will keep them.  I may get another set and will even consider the wreath and garland, if they are further reduced later.

You know me, I have to be way too thoroughCat LOL, so onto the details. 

In my opinion, they are of the same quality as most of Valerie's picks, wreaths and garlands I have bought over the years.  Some parts look better than others, but the overall look is nice.

The long leaf pine is probably the most realistic part, with the plastic cedar and lightweight foam berries being cheaper in appearance.  The main branch on every piece is wired, so there is some adjustability, but the cedar tips need some flexibility and have none.  The eucalyptus looks good, and looks even better when the front side shows, but it is a pain getting the storage folds and wrinkles out.  They are thin fabric material.  I hand-pressed them with a hot wet washcloth, but they're still unruly.  The decorative area of each pick is about 1 ft x 1 ft.  

HTH!

Cat LOL

2019-10-17 15.40.51.jpg2019-10-17 15.41.55.jpg2019-10-17 15.48.42.jpg

Respected Contributor

@SHOPR wrote:
@Marsha2003 wrote:

@SHOPR You know I have loved the colors in the winter collection since they were introduced.  If you do buy the picks, please come back and tell me what you think about them.  Thank you.

@Marsha2003  I finally received the picks.  I'm attaching 3 photos that will hopefully help you see them in detail.   It's overcast today, so I used my phone's flashlight when taking the pictures.  If you have any questions, let me know.

I am pleased with the overall look and quality of the picks, and I will keep them.  I may get another set and will even consider the wreath and garland, if they are further reduced later.

You know me, I have to be way too thoroughCat LOL, so onto the details. 

In my opinion, they are of the same quality as most of Valerie's picks, wreaths and garlands I have bought over the years.  Some parts look better than others, but the overall look is nice.

The long leaf pine is probably the most realistic part, with the plastic cedar and lightweight foam berries being cheaper in appearance.  The main branch on every piece is wired, so there is some adjustability, but the cedar tips need some flexibility and have none.  The eucalyptus looks good, and looks even better when the front side shows, but it is a pain getting the storage folds and wrinkles out.  They are thin fabric material.  I hand-pressed them with a hot wet washcloth, but they're still unruly.  The decorative area of each pick is about 1 ft x 1 ft.  

HTH!

Cat LOL

2019-10-17 15.40.51.jpg2019-10-17 15.41.55.jpg2019-10-17 15.48.42.jpg

@SHOPR Thank you for the close-ups and your thorough review...very, very helpful.  I think the color is going to be stunning with your decor.  Since they don't have flocking or glitter, they can be used throughout the winter...very pretty...probably worth the time it takes to fluff and fold them.  You know, I wonder if one could use a hair dryer to warm a plastic sprig and curl it around a mold of some kind?  I might give that a try.  If I do, I'll report back on the results.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Marsha2003 That is a good idea.  I may try it, but very carefully, because I already broke off one petal or leaf.  Their attachment rings are so tiny and fragile.  

Glad I was of some help.  I think they'll look good with my sage walls.  For fun I tucked two into a distressed black tray, where my two ivory VPH swans live, and I think they look nice there, too.  I am so glad they have no glitter!