Trusted Contributor

Re: Next Christmas in July and Later...

@homedecor1...What a wonderful hubby you have homedecor.  Love that he let him have it with both barrells.  Some people just don't know when to "freeze their teeth and give their tongue a sleighride" ( keep their mouth shut)

Enjoy your decorations and the season

JPC

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Just Plain Crazy

honestly, my husband is a "man of few words" but when necessary he will be a "man of lotta words😠🙄".

One time our older son said something to me in his teenage years-- (oh & I do remember##**%%%).  My husband was downstairs in our family room -- I never saw him move so fast upstairs!  He called our other son in-   He said "I don't say much to you boys but if I ever hear you disrespect your mother again you don't want to know what's going to happen!"  Guess that worked they never did it again at least while they lived home 😉 Oh and he still will say it to them as adults - geez they listen to him I must be the "easy one"!☺️

So he was was in his mood today!!! Even I was shocked but happy!!! He's surprises me once in awhile ....

Respected Contributor

@on the bay & @MarkeieMark Maybe we need an electric shock attached to our order button to train us not to push it.

@lucymo I'm willing to try a buddy system, but are you going to get mad when I tell you don't need something?  LOL!  

@Big Joanie For sure, you are in the buddy group!

@mousiegirl So it's YOU I have to thank for red house temptation...  Really, I love them. I just hope they don't get damaged in storage as they seem a bit fragile.

@ChrissyKR Tell your husband that it's not glitter, it's sparkling motes of your love for him.

@homedecor1 Yay for your husband!  Your male visitor sounds like someone who takes the joy right out of the world.  We need fewer of that sort of person in our lives.  You are faced with temptation if those decor stores are on your regular route.  I have to go out of my way to get to them, thank goodness.

@Just Plain Crazy I think the packing away part is where I get into trouble.  I forget some of the accessory pieces that I've bought.  What I should do is get everything out right before CIJ to remind myself of what's there and how much energy it takes to get it out and put it away.  I did avoid Home Goods/TJ Maxx for the most part this year.  I bought one item from P1, but returned it.  I even passed on the cute P1 plates with dogs and car/truck.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Marsha2003.....put me on the list also, in fact I will need yet another one of those folding storage racks on wheels that they had as a TSV after Christmas, for the new items I bought this year that I said I wasn’t going to 🙄

I love the red red houses too...I have three of them but I didn’t put them out this year, I have to rotate things 😜

what drives me crazy, is that I’ll get going on a theme, thinking I have to have several of a particular thing, then the next season, it won’t appeal to me nearly as much and I’m on to something else !  Ugh....

Honored Contributor

Ok, I guess I have to step up here and help you ladies out.  When you buy these things, just mail me a check with the same amount to me!!!!  Woman Wink  Woman LOL

Honored Contributor

Marsha Marsha Marsha!! LOL

Honored Contributor

@Just Plain Crazy wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@Marsha2003  I really want to help you out but I have the same problem.  Maybe we can have a buddy plan, before we buy anything in CIJ we have to message the other and get the ok....or NOT.  You think?   lol

@lucymo..Good idea on the buddy plan lucy but didn't help this year so doubt it will help next year. 

Merry Xmas to your and your family lucy

JPC

@Just Plain Crazy  We didn't try the 'buddy' plan this year.  I think it will work out for us if we agree to abide by the 'NO' thingy.  You know that @Marsha2003 or I would never go back on our word.  Woman Wink  Been missing you coming around and trying to keep us in line.

Thanks for the good wishes.  I wish you and Mr. Crazy a healthy, happy  Christmas season.

Honored Contributor

@lucymo I'm willing to try a buddy system, but are you going to get mad when I tell you don't need something?  LOL!

@Marsha2003  I promise to abide by your answer when I ask about buying.  I won't get mad and later on I'll be so grateful.  We'll have to deal with 'as is' too as some of the items will show up there.  We'll show @Just Plain Crazy that we can be good when  our integrity is on the line.  LOL

Honored Contributor

@qualitygal wrote:

Ok, I guess I have to step up here and help you ladies out.  When you buy these things, just mail me a check with the same amount to me!!!!  Woman Wink  Woman LOL

@qualitygal  That may well be the best incentive not to buy that we've had so far.  lol

Honored Contributor

@Big Joanie wrote:

Add my name to that list .. I am maximum capacity for all holiday

decorations...

@Big Joanie  We all have good intentions but year after year we continue to buy.  It's a vicious circle, buy, donate, buy.............  Maybe this 'buddy' system will make us think a bit.  Yeah, right!  Smiley Happy  Worth a try though.