Respected Contributor

Next Christmas in July and Later...

...I want every one of you to remind me that I do not need one more piece of holiday decor.  I'm serious.  I finished decorating today and I left so many things in the containers.  

Who was it who posted pictures of their red houses?  I resisted temptation the first time I saw those...and the second time, but after seeing your pictures, I didn't resist when they showed up on Zulily again.

My bedroom looks like the PB catalog threw up in it.  I gave in and bought the Llew bedding that I admired all last year, but I couldn't stop there.  I also bought four Christmas pillow/pillow covers.  

Then, there's all of the vehicles with Christmas trees.  I bought sheets, guest towels, a pillow and plates.  I also made three figurals with die-cast vehicles and craft store trees.  I almost never give into themes, but I did this year...big time.

The only positive (besides enjoying the decor) is that no one has to buy me anything for Christmas because I've already bought everything I wanted.  Cash donations would be welcome, though...😉

Here are my two red houses.  The holly background has been added to avoid the dreaded black background that my photo editor adds.

477339BB-3A3E-4447-9F1B-83A947AAA326.jpeg

Honored Contributor

Re: Next Christmas in July and Later...

@Marsha2003-

Lol! Nope not gonna do it for youSmiley Happy

your houses and holly are beautiful.

One thing I've done the past few years is maybe just get one thing each Christmas but also while decoarting, may give several away that I just don't like as much anymore.

I know, I'm a bad influence nut you have probably posted this in the least likely forum to honor your request!Heart

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Trusted Contributor

LOL I second that.  Love the houses! 

Honored Contributor

@Marsha2003  I really want to help you out but I have the same problem.  Maybe we can have a buddy plan, before we buy anything in CIJ we have to message the other and get the ok....or NOT.  You think?   lol

Respected Contributor

Add my name to that list .. I am maximum capacity for all holiday

decorations...

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Marsha2003 wrote:

...I want every one of you to remind me that I do not need one more piece of holiday decor.  I'm serious.  I finished decorating today and I left so many things in the containers.  

Who was it who posted pictures of their red houses?  I resisted temptation the first time I saw those...and the second time, but after seeing your pictures, I didn't resist when they showed up on Zulily again.

My bedroom looks like the PB catalog threw up in it.  I gave in and bought the Llew bedding that I admired all last year, but I couldn't stop there.  I also bought four Christmas pillow/pillow covers.  

Then, there's all of the vehicles with Christmas trees.  I bought sheets, guest towels, a pillow and plates.  I also made three figurals with die-cast vehicles and craft store trees.  I almost never give into themes, but I did this year...big time.

The only positive (besides enjoying the decor) is that no one has to buy me anything for Christmas because I've already bought everything I wanted.  Cash donations would be welcome, though...😉

Here are my two red houses.  The holly background has been added to avoid the dreaded black background that my photo editor adds.

477339BB-3A3E-4447-9F1B-83A947AAA326.jpeg

@Marsha2003  LOL!  I posted my red houses a few years ago, and then this year when the subject came up I reposted, sorry, lol.  I bought all of my red houses at zulily.

I can relate to having more than enough decorations to deal with.  I bought the same type of pick, Valerie's, in two colors, then didn't know what I was going to do with them.  Tonight, one of my brainstorms after my nap revealed the perfect way to use them, so sooner or later, I use almost everything, just not everything every year. Smiley Happy

I have been working on the kitchen gingerbread display, havn't gotten to the kitchen tree yet, and was so tired I took a short nap.  When I awoke, I had so many ideas of how to solve the issues I was facing with the decorating, wrote them down, then ran to the kitchen to implement them.  Things are going smoothly now, and I may be able to finish most of the table tonight, then on to the tree.

Super Contributor

Sorry, I won't be any help. I have already started making my list for what I am going to watch for during CIJ. LOL

I have so much stuff already. I did mange to use almost everything I bought.  I do have a few returns on things that just didn't work out. 

I am just glad the decorating is done and the mess is gone. Hubby is complaining about the glitter everywhere. He said it is even on his mouse pad at work LOL.

Honored Contributor

@Marsha2003

Oh but the JOY of TEMPTATION during CIJ and everytime we go into a Home Goods, Pier One, Hobby Lobby, just to name a FEW!! And did I say I discovered on Sunday we have a MARSHALL's brand new 2 miles from us, Pier One & Ross ....UGH.....that's all I'm saying!!!

We are all in the same predictament and we try hard to not go overboard but then again its what its all about ???  

Today, someone came to my home (who I don't particularly care for but love his wife) ...

He said to my husband (not ME) "OMG what is this disney or a department store?  WHY do you have all this stuff and where do you store it? No wonder you have a garage full of stuff!" "How much does all this stuff cost YOU?" "What a waste of time she isn't here for Christmas!" 

My spouse said "She enjoys it and frankly, its none of your business!  If you don't like it don't say anything or come over here!" OH MY!!!

I was impressed!!! After he left my husband "hes such a ####****" why did he come over?  Guess he won't be coming too much anymore!!! 

So, needless to say I was a little "cranky" and told his wife I would appreciate her muzzling her idiot spouse.  She said he's worse to her because she still buy Christmas presents (8 children w/spouses, 16 grandchildren & 6 great grandchildren - she shops everyday ALL YEAR for these presents)  He doesn't even like me putting up the decorations anymore! 

YIKES!!!

to each their own!  

Your red houses and decor are beautiful.  

Life is short lets "enjoy" it while we can and then our kids (if you have any) can have the JOY of donating our "precious treasures" -- I know mine don't want them but I clearly marked in case something happens what my niece wants (so there's a light at the end of the tunnel for my VPH and luminara's!) LOL

Merry Christmas!!!

Trusted Contributor

@Marsha2003...Would be glad to help out next year Marsha but that is 9 months away and by then I will forget all about your request but the good thing is, you and the others will too.  LOL

Love your red houses.  Just pull out all the things left in your boxes after Xmas in July 2019 and you will think you bought them then.  LOL

Have a very happy holiday and great new year.

JPC

Trusted Contributor

@lucymo wrote:

@Marsha2003  I really want to help you out but I have the same problem.  Maybe we can have a buddy plan, before we buy anything in CIJ we have to message the other and get the ok....or NOT.  You think?   lol

@lucymo..Good idea on the buddy plan lucy but didn't help this year so doubt it will help next year. 

Merry Xmas to your and your family lucy

JPC