Honored Contributor

@Mominohio and anyone else interested:

I own these. I have them in bronze, antique white and red. They are inside my house and outside as well. My thoughts:

1) I would NOT have purchased then if there was an open door for OUTSIDE use. Why? They're not "sealed". Meaning, water, moisture, etc can now get into them candle chamber. The ones I have are the original ones (so no door) and nothing gets in them (including bugs).

2) I have bronze ones on my deck year -round; so far, NO fading, no rusting. Now, being real, I have brought them in when I knew the weather was calling for heavy rain for days and when calling for snow. However, they've been outside in horrible weather when I haven't been home or when sleeping and the weather moved in; no issues.

3) They have real glass. Being resin, they are lightweight (you expect them to be heavy because they LOOK like metal) but they're easy to move around. That said, they don't blow over in the wind (at least, so far, mine have not though I have had my deck umbrella and plants blow over.

4) My red ones are outside only 1 month out of the year and yes, they've been in the snow; no issues. I attach fresh greenery and ribbon to the tops using wire and have to say: GORGEOUS on the front steps. 

5) Cleaning is a breeze

6) Battery life is one month. They quickly begin to lose strength after 3 1/2 - 4 weeks and then go dark. I don't find that to be very good at all compared to my other flameless candles which go for 3 months before beginning to dim (I use timers on all my candles). Yes, the other candles are Candle Impressions.

HTH those who are considering these. : )

Respected Contributor

I think I have to pass on these also. I bought several sets of the Luminara Windsor lanterns earlier this year in all colors and they are very versatile since you can take the stand off for a completely different look. I do like the multiple candle look however.

Honored Contributor

@Mominohio Last night I found the item number, but wasn't sure if I could post.  I'm not sure about the new version for outside.  The photo shows a gap by the door.  It is definitely resin.  I bought the first in late 2017.  The other two were March 2018.  I don't see a need to get inside to clean.  I remember others saying you could unscrew the top to get in it.  I really haven't looked.  My cream one is by the window in full sun and looks like new.  The battery was AA.  I really don't change the batteries often.  I considered it to have a good battery life.  If course, the new version it's all different.  The TSV price is about what I paid.  It did have a buy more discount at the time.  

Honored Contributor

Re: New lantern tsv

[ Edited ]

IMG_20180729_101428_burst_01_kindlephoto-158716636.jpg

Honored Contributor

IMG_20180729_101545_hdr_kindlephoto-158424010.jpg

Honored Contributor

I'm not a huge fan of lanterns but this one is very pretty. I may get it to add some Christmas greenery and give as a Christmas gift.

Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

@Mominohio wrote:

Looking a little closer at the pictures, and I can say those screws holding the door latch into place really stand out. They didn't bother to make them match the color and they stand out like a sore thumb. 

I'm guessing they will rust if outdoors and for the bronze than might blend in over time, but for the other colors that is going to look worse than it does right now. 

Gotta ask what they were thinking and don't they ever use a focus group to look over something and give them feedback in their designs before manufacturing something that obviously stands out like that? 

@Mominohio  I am passing on these as I really do have more lanterns than anyone should, lol.  

@mousiegirl

Me too, I have way too many, but I'm thinking for the price, I'll be  more willing to have them outside than many of the more expensive ones I intended for outside, but now don't want to subject to the elements! LOL I think I'll get at least one for my back deck.

Honored Contributor

@SahmIam wrote:

@Mominohio and anyone else interested:

I own these. I have them in bronze, antique white and red. They are inside my house and outside as well. My thoughts:

1) I would NOT have purchased then if there was an open door for OUTSIDE use. Why? They're not "sealed". Meaning, water, moisture, etc can now get into them candle chamber. The ones I have are the original ones (so no door) and nothing gets in them (including bugs).

2) I have bronze ones on my deck year -round; so far, NO fading, no rusting. Now, being real, I have brought them in when I knew the weather was calling for heavy rain for days and when calling for snow. However, they've been outside in horrible weather when I haven't been home or when sleeping and the weather moved in; no issues.

3) They have real glass. Being resin, they are lightweight (you expect them to be heavy because they LOOK like metal) but they're easy to move around. That said, they don't blow over in the wind (at least, so far, mine have not though I have had my deck umbrella and plants blow over.

4) My red ones are outside only 1 month out of the year and yes, they've been in the snow; no issues. I attach fresh greenery and ribbon to the tops using wire and have to say: GORGEOUS on the front steps. 

5) Cleaning is a breeze

6) Battery life is one month. They quickly begin to lose strength after 3 1/2 - 4 weeks and then go dark. I don't find that to be very good at all compared to my other flameless candles which go for 3 months before beginning to dim (I use timers on all my candles). Yes, the other candles are Candle Impressions.

HTH those who are considering these. : )

@SahmIam

Great input from someone that has them, thank you!

I passed last time because they didn't open, so that is a big selling feature for me. I have to be able to clean the insides of things, or I can't tolerate it. I know the glass will eventually get filmy and the little 'no see em' bugs we have in the woods here get into everything. I've even found one or two of them behind the glass of pictures that then have to be taken apart and cleaned out, so I know they will get in a lantern lit outside at night here, and I'll now be able to clean that out.

They have updated these with size C batteries so hopefully that means the time between  battery changes is now much better than those originals. 

No fading with the resin on yours? I was surprised there was no black choice, but maybe that is why as it might fade too much.

Honored Contributor

@GCR18 wrote:

@Mominohio Last night I found the item number, but wasn't sure if I could post.  I'm not sure about the new version for outside.  The photo shows a gap by the door.  It is definitely resin.  I bought the first in late 2017.  The other two were March 2018.  I don't see a need to get inside to clean.  I remember others saying you could unscrew the top to get in it.  I really haven't looked.  My cream one is by the window in full sun and looks like new.  The battery was AA.  I really don't change the batteries often.  I considered it to have a good battery life.  If course, the new version it's all different.  The TSV price is about what I paid.  It did have a buy more discount at the time.  

@GCR18

I was hoping for a buy more save more discount, to help offset the darn shipping. I hate when we want multiples of things and get socked with that high shipping.

Honored Contributor

@GCR18 wrote:

IMG_20180729_101545_hdr_kindlephoto-158424010.jpg

Thanks for these great pictures! I do like the clean lines without the door, but I really need the door! LOL You have them placed beautifully, and they look great in your home!