Honored Contributor

@Mominohio  I'm looking at a bronze one in my living room placed next to a black wrought iron lantern (antique) and you know what? That bronze color looks black next to it. Placed it next to something more brown and the bronze comes out. It's an excellent shade for decorating and it may be why they didn't offer black.

Valued Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

I see it now runs on "C" batteries, but the three candles that cannot be removed is a deal breaker for me.  If anyone knows how to remove the candles from the bottom and still have a bottom to return to the lantern, please post.  

@mousiegirl
Not being able to remove the candles is a deal breaker for me, too.

I'm pretty,but I'm not beautiful.
I sin, but I'm not the devil.
I'm good,but I'm not an angel.
Marilyn Monroe
Respected Contributor

@SahmIam  I think QVC needs to hire you to be a host.  Your description and critique are wonderful.  Now I know I need the gray!!

@GCR18  Thank you for the pictures.  You also helped in making my decision.  The gray is coming home to me!

I must have read the measurements five times and then it hit me -- they are just short of two feet -- wow!  They are going to have quite a presence.  I love that.

The only think I wish is they would have used a time that allowed the buyer to set how many hours they wanted the candles to stay lit.  I like them to come on earlier in the Winter and stay on through the evening.  Oh well, I can't have everything.

Thanks everyone who "sold" me on them.  I really appreciate all the time you put into your write-ups and pictures.

Respected Contributor

I am ordering two for my living room mantel. Going to decorate the tops for Autumn and Christmas. I love the three candle arrangement. 

Trusted Contributor

Re: New lantern tsv

[ Edited ]

@GCR18 wrote:

@itsmetoo wrote:

@GCR18 wrote:

@Mominohio .Yes, this lantern sold out both times it was stocked.  The first time I bought one cream.  The second time, I bought 2 bronze.  It came in cream, bronze and black.  I love it.  It takes three AA, I think, batteries and they last for months.  It's very bright.  The candles are not removable and it is resin.  It doesn't look cheap.  I was going to put one outside, but I just couldn't.  I'll see if I can take a picture.

@GCR18

If you turn the lantern over are there screws to remove the candles?

Yes, you can get it open.  The TSV has a door.  It's posted on the candle impression websits.

@GCR18

Thanks for checking for me.  I can't wait to see the presentation. 

I wanted to add, I love your pictures.  You did a great job displaying them.

Honored Contributor

@LovemesomeQ1979 wrote:

I got one in white!  I just wish the candles each flickered on there own and not together.  

I have found that the 'flicker' of candles on the TV screen is usually nothing like what they appear in person when they come into my home. 

I have a feeling that the flicker will appear much different (better) than what it appears on air. The lighting of many of QVC's products isn't well translated through TV.

Esteemed Contributor

@GCR18, Your lanterns look great!  Thanks for the pics.  Cat HappyHeart

Honored Contributor

I ordered two the last time these were on white & bronze.  They are beautiful.  I am getting the gray this time.  I like that it takes C batteries so it will last much longer.  The the one takes AA's and I do use the timer every night so I do go through some batteries.  I love that the door opens.  I am able to remove the top on the older version to decorate but this will be much easier with the door.

Honored Contributor

@Mominohio wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

I see it now runs on "C" batteries, but the three candles that cannot be removed is a deal breaker for me.  If anyone knows how to remove the candles from the bottom and still have a bottom to return to the lantern, please post.  

@mousiegirl

I believe @GCR18 said the older version has screws in the bottom that will allow the candles to be removed. 

I think I'm going to order today, and since there is such a long window for returns, figure that out later. I'm not usually like this, but I want these for outside, so if they only last a couple of years, it isn't a horrible investment if they don't last. 

My experience with anything Candle Impressions is that the candles last forever. I've never had one fail me. 

Hope the same is true of these. My biggest worry at this point will be if the resin lantern will fade over time when exposed to the elements. So many things that Q has said that won't happen to, well, it happens!

is the actual lantern resin or the candle?

it's very pretty, but not sure where/how I would use 

Esteemed Contributor

@jackthebear, The lantern body as well as the candles are resin.

Nice antiqued finishes for a resin material.  I am passing but may cave on one as-is if they show up, just to see how the resin holds up outside here vs my metal lanterns.