Honored Contributor

Re: New dinnerware at P1 for the holidays

@Susan Louise wrote:

@SHOPR wrote:

@Susan Louise, Here is what I bought at Pier1 today.  Mine has a much richer gold brushed presence to it than can be seen in the photo, and it's really like an antique ivory color, not white.  Wouldn't you know I'd buy another lantern?  What is it with this lantern weakness?   

I had one blinder on, which allowed me to avoid all the dinnerware.  Woman LOL  I wasn't able to avoid the fall decor, though.  I looked through almost all of it.  It's actually quite a relief that I wasn't crazy enough about any of it (or its price) to buy.   The aged gold glass pumpkin didn't look as good to me the second time around, and was an easy pass. I'm glad I got it out of my system, though.  I can move on to other stores now.  LOL.

@SHOPR  Stunning lantern! Wow! Please post a pic when you decorate with it!!!

As for the P1 plates (I mentioned above in my post to @Marsha2003), I probably won't be buying the P1 plates. After much thought, between the BH&G and the PB's 'deer in snow', I just can't see getting them. However, I will need to wear BOTH horse blinders in store since I will have nobody with me to keep me in line with logic and reason while I'm in the store getting the tree collar...dahblink.gif

Thanks for posting the pic and sharing Smiley Happy

@Susan Louise  I am reorganizing today.  I opened a cabinet to see all of the Christmas dishes I bought last year, and forgotten about, so that is it for me!  I think if I would do this more often, especially before CIJ, I may become more contrained in buying as it is a pain in the arse to try to store so much, lol.

Honored Contributor

@Susan Louise

I went to P1 on Sunday afternoon.  I was like a kid on Christmas.  I used to get into a lot of trouble there, so I had to cut them and pottery barn off.  I was looking for a vase and the sales lady had me going all over the store.  I saw a number of things I liked.  I stayed strong and just bought a vase, but they gave me a 20% off coupon that starts Sunday.

Esteemed Contributor

@Susan Louise wrote:

@SHOPR wrote:

image.jpeg

@Marsha2003, I like this very much, and this is coming from someone who doesn't like poinsettias in general.  I'm not sure what I have against them.  Maybe it's because I can kill a real one by looking at it.  This doesn't scream poinsettia and I love the more muted colors and especially the presence of the pinecones.  

@SHOPR  and @Marsha2003  I think that is the reason I don't like the design. I think if at least the poinsettia flower was all the shades of the dark red I might like the design better Smiley Happy

@Susan Louise, I understand what you're saying.  I happen to like how, at least in the photo, the design looks time-worn or faded, for lack of better descriptions at the moment.  It is interesting to read about what others like and dislike.

I probably won't buy any plates this year.  I just love admiring them.  I cannot become a dinnerware collector...I cannot...I cannot...;-)

Esteemed Contributor

@GCR18 wrote:

@Susan Louise

I went to P1 on Sunday afternoon.  I was like a kid on Christmas.  I used to get into a lot of trouble there, so I had to cut them and pottery barn off.  I was looking for a vase and the sales lady had me going all over the store.  I saw a number of things I liked.  I stayed strong and just bought a vase, but they gave me a 20% off coupon that starts Sunday.

@GCR18, I looked up the copper branch vase you mentioned in another thread.  I think it looks really nice, and different.   

Respected Contributor

@January121 wrote:

I love it & wish I had room for another dinnerware set because I would buy it!!!!

Ditto! I have a complete set of Spode, eight mugs and plates in Santa pattern from Wm Sanoma and six mugs and plates in snowman from same! We used to go away for holidays and took some things to make it feel like home, that's how I ended up with so many! But, I haven't met a set of Christmas dishes I don't have to have!😁

Never underestimate the power of kindness.
Trusted Contributor

@Susan Louise ~ I received my winter's wonder deer plates the other day and they are beautiful.  I wanted to let you know how great P1's customer service is.  One of the plates had a very small imperfection in it.  I didn't even notice it until I washed it and saw water getting under the glaze.  I called customer service and they are sending a replacement out, no charge, and told me to just dispose of the damaged plate.  I was so grateful I didn't have to return it ~ it's always such a hassle!   Customer service is so important to me.  Also, the coastal tree is really pretty.  It looks exactly like it does in the photo.  It's been years since I shopped at P1 but I'm really happy with everything.  :-)

Respected Contributor

image.jpeg

Received my poinsettia plates today.  They are much brighter than the online picture so I'm not too excited about them.  I already see rim flaws, too, so these may have to go back.  Just for reference, here is the plate on top of a Williams-Sonoma charger.

image.jpeg

Respected Contributor

Here you can see the actual plate compared with the online photo.

image.jpeg

Esteemed Contributor

@Marsha2003, It's definitely different than the online pic, but I think it's so pretty with your plaid charger.

Respected Contributor

@SHOPR wrote:

@Marsha2003, It's definitely different than the online pic, but I think it's so pretty with your plaid charger.

@SHOPR I agree that the colors are compatible with the charger, but I'm not in love with the pattern.  I don't really like most poinsettia patterned dishes.  I only liked this one because it looked almost like a watercolor in the picture...not saturated in color.