Honored Contributor

New dinnerware at P1 for the holidays

[ Edited ]

While browsing the PI site by way of an email I got today, I happened to notice several more Christmas/holiday decor added and a new poinsettia dinnerware set. I am SOOO grateful I am not interested in it...quite relieved in fact.

I am starting this thread for 2 reasons...to give folks a HU who may like the new set and additions to another set from last year, and to show, what I consider a copy-cat type of design which reminds me totally of the Better Homes and Gardens Heritage Christmas dinnerware I have collected for 3-4 years now...which I think I have most of the pieces....especially all the salad plates.

Below are a couple of pics...the 1st one is of one of the new additions to the P1 Winter's Wonder holly & tree set...

mmm0_1.jpg

And here is the BH&G salad plate that came out a few years ago...

bbbbbs.jpg

Esteemed Contributor

Re: New dinnerware at P1 for the holidays

I love it & wish I had room for another dinnerware set because I would buy it!!!!

Honored Contributor

Those look just like the ones I got at Walmart 2 years ago! They had them last year too with also an owl, and other things and a pretty 3 piece tray. I love them. I use them all year long because Christmas should be every daySmiley Happy!

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@on the bay wrote:

Those look just like the ones I got at Walmart 2 years ago! They had them last year too with also an owl, and other things and a pretty 3 piece tray. I love them. I use them all year long because Christmas should be every daySmiley Happy!

@on the bay  Yes, I think you may need to re-read my original post Smiley Happy

I stated that the 2nd pic is from the the BH&G (Better Homes & Gardens)...although I didn't mention 'Walmart'. I have most of that set...collected lots of pieces from I think started in 2008 or 2009-2015 Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@on the bay wrote:

@on the bay  I bought quite a few last year at Walmart.  I missed them when they were first released.  Ebay was selling the salad plates four for $50, glad I held off because then they returned to walmart for $2.00+ per plate.

Trusted Contributor

I have to stop checking in here. You guys are killing my credit card...LOL  I am so getting those dishes at P1.

Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

@on the bay wrote:

@on the bay  I bought quite a few last year at Walmart.  I missed them when they were first released.  Ebay was selling the salad plates four for $50, glad I held off because then they returned to walmart for $2.00+ per plate.

@mousiegirl and  @on the bay  I found an old thread I started back in 2014 about the BH&G collection:

http://community.qvc.com/t5/Home/Better-Homes-amp-Gardens-holiday-Christmas-heritage-mistletoe/td-p/...

Honored Contributor

I have a very hard time saying no to anything reindeer or snowmenSmiley Happy though I have downsized a lotSmiley Happy

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@mousiegirl  and @on the bay  I just checked EBay for giggles to see what some of the collection is selling for now...

Saw this listing titled:  "5pc Better Homes & Gardens Heritage Collection WINTER FOREST 8.75" Salad Plates" ...selling for $99!!!

holy-cow-smiley.gif

I will say though...that salad plate with the Chickadee & Cardinal is RARE. It was only distributed in a small regional area of Walmart stores mainly in the southeast. I was lucky to get a pair of them on EBay back in 2014 and thankfully for not nearly as much as the going rate is for them now Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Maybe they'll have them again this year. They had them last yearSmiley Happy