Valued Contributor

Re: New Year’s Eve And New Year’s Day Menu Plans?

New Years Eve will order Panda Express. New Year's Day will be Menudo with all the fixings.

Honored Contributor

I'm from Pennsylvania.

PA Dutch tradition.  Pork and sauerkraut at midnight on the 31st and lunch and supper on New Years Day.  All homemade.  Smiley Happy 

"Faith, Hope, Love; the greatest of these is Love." ~The Silver Fox~
Respected Contributor

Sounds like a lot of good eating! On NYE we will have steak and potatoes.NYD will have ribs. Will do both meals on the grill no matter the weather.It's fun grilling when it snows,but we are not expecting any.Both days will have snacking food such as different spreads,cheeses,.salami,ham,deviled eggs,pickles,olives,etc

Happy New Year.

Honored Contributor

@ScrapHappy wrote:

Filet mignon for me, ribeye for husband (just picked them up at Publix today).   Got husband a small lobster tail.  Daughter will have chicken (she doesn't like steak or seafood).  Will serve rice and asparagus with it. Will bake pistachio cake for dessert. For New Years Day, probably hamburgers or something else that's easy.  Nothing that has feathers, my Mom keeps telling me year after year don't eat anything with feathers on New Years Day....your luck will fly away.  

@ScrapHappy - My grandmother always said no chicken or turkey- "chicken scratches backwards."  So we always have pork.  Smiley Wink

Regular Contributor

happy to stay snug in our home ... making homemade beef stew (yes to comfort food!) and chocolate covered strawberries (good vibes ... channeling abundance and beauty for 2021) Heart

Esteemed Contributor

No special plans or food. Just another winter Thursday night in 2020.

Honored Contributor

Not a big deal holiday to us. It will be a typical Thursday night here, and tomorrow is Friday, which is trash day. I've spent the day filling bags with stuff I don't want to start 2021 with.

My husband has requested great northern beans n ham, fried cabbage and cornbread for tomorrow.