Respected Contributor

Re: New Valerie Parr Hill Sneak Peek

[ Edited ]

@Susan Louise wrote:

@Marsha2003 wrote:

@Susan Louise I like the new juniper berry series, too, but I'm not sure that I would like the greenery in real life as it looks rather plastic-y.  I think I'll hold off on new garland one more year unless she comes out with something fantastic before Christmas.

I loved the pomegranate set, but I couldn't justify new wreaths and garlands last year either.  I'm still using this version from VPH.

70DFBE22-3DE1-4367-805E-41313E814430.jpeg

@Marsha2003 You are probably spot on about Valerie's newest wreath set...might come across as plastic-y. 

I used the wreath from that bell set you have for 2 yrs in our kitchen...2014 & 2015. If I remember right, I got it at the 'as is' price too, so it worked out well. The following yr I gave it to Goodwill. With the Pomegranate/mixed greens set, I see myself using it for 10+ yrs...I'm that happy with the set. Here's a pic of that wreath from 2014...

P1500683.JPG

This was from 2015. I still have all the bottle brush trees. Besides the wreath, I also gave the cloche & this church to Goodwill.

P2490504.JPG

Gosh, @Susan Louise , I wish we lived closer because I would have loved to take the wreath and the church off your hands.  My berry and bell garland that matches your wreath is starting to look a little worn around the edges, but I knew I could use it last year and probably this year again before splashing out on a newer set.  Just watch, next year VPH won't offer one set that I like after I passed on the pomegranate set last year.  I agree that pomegranate design is timeless.

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

The wood lantern might be from Plow and Hearth. Item # H 215912 . Last week during a Home with Jill show, she sold one from P & H , that fits that description. It's available in whitewash or natural , which looks like a weathered grey. I ordered the natural. It has greenery & pinecones/ berries, with a buffalo plaid ribbon on the metal handle. It also has 3 flameless candles ( not luminara ) inside , with more greenery in a ring around them. The interior greenery & candles are removable. On the presentation it was said, that the greenery on the handle wasn't removable.  There are 2 reviews so far ; one is a 1 star & the other a 5 star . IMHO it's very pretty and a different shape...more square & boxy than tall. The measurements are around 13"W X 10"D X 19"H , but they may be including the handle in the height measurement. In the end, I hope this is the one you're referring to. 

Trusted Contributor

@Marsha2003 wrote:@Maltichonmom17 I made it through last year's CIJ only buying some candle rings.  Then, items started showing up in as-is and the discounted price made some items that I previously felt to be too expensive fit into my budget.  I bought more after CIJ on as-is than during any other time.  So, if you really want to save money, never, ever look at as-is...lol!

@Marsha2003, I'm a big fan of shopping "as is" merchandise also.  I'm always stalking the as is section, looking to see if something I wanted but couldn't justify the price pops up. I've had pretty good luck there. 

Trusted Contributor

Thank you for posting!

I don't see anything I need to have, so I'll probably pass this time around.  I bought her Boxwood and Berry Trees from last year, which I love.  I see she has a Boxwood collection again, but the champagne is the only color she posted.  She said she has red too.  That might be the only thing I'm interested in, but even then I probably won't buy anything.

Saving for August 7th! Smiley Very Happy

Esteemed Contributor

Now that I've had a better look at the stacked presents, I don't like the "gum drops"  or the white bows. 

Honored Contributor

@Grade1Teach wrote:

Thank you for posting!

I don't see anything I need to have, so I'll probably pass this time around.  I bought her Boxwood and Berry Trees from last year, which I love.  I see she has a Boxwood collection again, but the champagne is the only color she posted.  She said she has red too.  That might be the only thing I'm interested in, but even then I probably won't buy anything.

Saving for August 7th! Smiley Very Happy

@Grade1Teach  Both colors were presented in her 11:00 PM PST show, so they must have sold out as I don't see either now.

Trusted Contributor

@mousiegirl

Thank you!  Yes, I saw them.  They were very pretty, but I like the ones I got last year better.  They don't really seem all that similar, so I wasn't too tempted to add to my collection. Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

Grangransandy, sign up for Grandin Road emails. They usually offer 20% or 30% and free shipping more often than not. Right now they have 20% off and free shipping. They have fantastic end of season sales and if discounts and free shipping are available, it comes off the sale price. I have purchased a lot from them and have never paid full price.

Regular Contributor

I had to get the Juniper, Berry and Pinecone Wreath. I'm going to hang it in my kitchen window.

Honored Contributor

@Grade1Teach  Are you referring to these?  If so, I have four, beautiful!

DSCF2935.JPG