Honored Contributor

Re: New Valerie Parr Hill 'Home Harvest' sneak peek...

@SHOPR wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@Marsha2003 wrote:

@SHOPR wrote:

I guess the large resin carved-look pumpkins from the sneak peek h219758 won't be sold today after all.  Perhaps they'll come in September.

I saw a short how-to video earlier that showed new velvet pumpkins with vertical folds (or vertical stitching?) in the material.  Very interesting.   Wish I knew where to locate the video so I could post the link.  If I find it I'll add it.

@SHOPR Looks like the pip berry items didn't make the show either, H220735 and H220738.  Instead, we got to hear Jane talk about her shoes 9,000 times.  I hope you can find the velvet pumpkin video.  I would like to see it.

Also, why are those votives so expensive? They are over $10 each before taxes.  I don't get it.

@Marsha2003   @SHOPR   Valerie will be in Shawn's show with two items she said.  I don't know how she won't show these pip berry items because this is the one and only Fall show, isn't it?

@mousiegirl  I have not heard that.  I just looked at the program guide into September (it doesn't automatically pull up, but I adjusted the date in the address bar to look forward a bit) and I found this harvest show listed:

temp4.JPG

@SHOPR   Jane and Valerie showed one of the items in Shawn's show at the end, but don't know what the other is.  I guess the pip berry items will show up in September.  I didn't know about adjusting the date.

Esteemed Contributor

@Marsha2003 - I was also eagerly awaiting the pip berry items since I missed them last year, but it appears that they won't be presented during this visit. I'm still going to check the website for them every day in case they are posted before the next fall show. As for the votives, I'm pretty sure the price reflects the fact that you get four specialty glass containers plus four battery-operated flameless candles; I didn't think the price was too high for this set, especially compared to some of the other VPH items this time around.

Respected Contributor

@SHOPR Thank you for finding the photos and the future 09/04 show.  I guess we will have to see if the items missing from today show up then. 

Respected Contributor

@loriqvc wrote:

@Marsha2003 - I was also eagerly awaiting the pip berry items since I missed them last year, but it appears that they won't be presented during this visit. I'm still going to check the website for them every day in case they are posted before the next fall show. As for the votives, I'm pretty sure the price reflects the fact that you get four specialty glass containers plus four battery-operated flameless candles; I didn't think the price was too high for this set, especially compared to some of the other VPH items this time around.

@loriqvc Some of the items seemed fairly priced, but others seemed too expensive.  I haven't been out shopping in the stores, so maybe my pricing frame of reference is getting outdated.  I notice the votives didn't sell out, though, so I think others may have felt they were overpriced as I did.

Esteemed Contributor

Regarding the new fall wreath, garland, rings, and picks, in choices of orange or ivory, I am almost certain I heard Carolyn say that they started with 4,200 total.  That seems a very low quantity to me, considering how many choices that number is divided between. 

My hesitation on getting the picks in ivory was because the greenery looked a little questionable at times.  I hope they are beautiful for those who ordered and that HD just magnified things that we normally would never see.  

Honored Contributor

After telling myself I didn't need one more harvest decoration . . . 

Valerie worked her magic on me!  There were so many cute things. I DID tell DH I didn't need any more "pumpkins," but I didn't say anything about any other cute things I might see!  Smiley Wink

And I did get some gifts - the votives. I thought around $10 a gift wasn't bad, and I plan to get a regular votive candle to add to it too. My friends will like it!  Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

@SHOPR wrote:

Regarding the new fall wreath, garland, rings, and picks, in choices of orange or ivory, I am almost certain I heard Carolyn say that they started with 4,200 total.  That seems a very low quantity to me, considering how many choices that number is divided between. 

My hesitation on getting the picks in ivory was because the greenery looked a little questionable at times.  I hope they are beautiful for those who ordered and that HD just magnified things that we normally would never see.  

@SHOPR I'll post pictures once I receive the ivory rings and picks.

Esteemed Contributor

@Marsha2003 - Just FYI, Valerie confirmed on Facebook that the pip berry items will not be available until September. I'm still going to check the website and hope they come earlier since I get out all my autumn decorations over the Labor Day weekend; if I see them pop up, I'll come back here and sound the alarm.  Smiley Wink

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@loriqvc wrote:

@Marsha2003 - Just FYI, Valerie confirmed on Facebook that the pip berry items will not be available until September. I'm still going to check the website and hope they come earlier since I get out all my autumn decorations over the Labor Day weekend; if I see them pop up, I'll come back here and sound the alarm.  Smiley Wink

@loriqvc Thank you for checking in with VPH and for keeping watch!

Valued Contributor

I would like to say "why is everything so darn expensive" and I hate to say this but its mostly junk that you would find in a dollar store. Also mostly everything is a repeat of last year.:Woman Frustrated