Honored Contributor

@BornToShop wrote:

@SHOPR wrote:

@mousiegirl, Yes, on my computer, your reply is over to the far left of the screen, next to BornToShop's OP.  I've never seen anything like it.  I am using outdated Windows 7 with Firefox browser.  I just thought it was funny!  :-)

@SHOPR & @mousiegirl, I see the same thing too, lol!  However the only thing legible in the upper left corner was you didn't like the fact the candles could not be removed?  

@BornToShop  @SHOPR  I checked my post when SHOPR mentioned this, and there is no post visible, not even on the left side.  Very strange. Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

Re: New VPH Cuteness!!

[ Edited ]

I see this is a new oolor Valerie has added to her cream & black.  I agree with @mousiegirl regarding the candles that are not removable: I do not like the candles' pinkish hue.  I could pull a @mallemo & remove the candle giving me the fun of doing optional alternatives.  I still like the black...

Illuminated Indoor/Outdoor Birdcages with Stand by Valerie

Antique Teal (Edit)

QVC Price: 

$49.98

4.6 of 5 Stars(10.0 reviews)

Honored Contributor

@BornToShop wrote:

I see this is a new oolor Valerie has added to her cream & black.  I agree with @mousiegirl regarding the candles that are not removable: I do not like the candles' pimkish hue.  I could pull a @mallemo& remove the candle giving me the fun of doing optional alternatives.  I still like the black...

Antique Teal (Edit)

QVC Price: 

$49.98

@BornToShop  I don't understand why Valerie would have the candles not removable.  I know that when they are, much ado is made of the fact that they can be removed.

To remove them, isn't a hole left in the bottom?

Respected Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

@BornToShop wrote:

I see this is a new oolor Valerie has added to her cream & black.  I agree with @mousiegirl regarding the candles that are not removable: I do not like the candles' pimkish hue.  I could pull a @mallemo& remove the candle giving me the fun of doing optional alternatives.  I still like the black...

Antique Teal (Edit)

QVC Price: 

$49.98

@BornToShop  I don't understand why Valerie would have the candles not removable.  I know that when they are, much ado is made of the fact that they can be removed.

@mousiegirl, there would be a hole but something in the form of a platform could be used to support any other candle/item in the birdcages .  That is a lot of $$$ to order it just to remove the 3 candles...going to pass on this one!  

Honored Contributor

@BornToShop wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@BornToShop wrote:

Antique Teal (Edit)

QVC Price: 

$49.98

@mousiegirl, there would be a hole but something in the form of a platform could be used to support any other candle/item in the birdcages .  That is a lot of $$$ to order it just to remove the 3 candles...going to pass on this one!  

@BornToShop  Yes, so am I.  I like to be able to put things other than candles in such an item also, so this item won't work for me.

Esteemed Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

@BornToShop wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@BornToShop wrote:

Antique Teal (Edit)

QVC Price: 

$49.98

@BornToShop  Yes, so am I.  I like to be able to put things other than candles in such an item also, so this item won't work for me.

@mousiegirl

@BornToShop,

The new antique teal really speaks to me along with the antique black.  I am not confident that I could successfully replace the candles with something else, and I would want to do just that. 

The only way into the cages is on the bottom.  I don't know the width of the candles or the width of the black support ring that houses the candles--see photo.  Even though it would be easy to remove the two outermost screws and remove all of that at once, then I would be left with the hole of unknown width.   Assuming I had properly sized replacement candles that would fit inside, I would still be left with the task of securing the replacement candles inside.  Separating the black support ring from the existing candle and then screwing the black ring back onto the cage may work, sort of, but who knows.  It's a lot of money to spend and could be very frustrating.  :-( 

The candles are probably fixed in place because there is not a second way into the cage to adjust them if they fall over. 

http://images-p.qvc.com/is/image/h/55/h207455.006

Respected Contributor

@SHOPR

You could cut circles of bendable plastic like they use for some cutting boards to act as a new base for whatever you want to put into the cages.  The plastic is pliable enough that you could maneuver it through the bars and then manipulate it to be flat on the bottom of the cage once you've removed the candles.  It looks like there's a fairly sizable rim without the candle insert.

Esteemed Contributor

@Marsha2003, Funny you should mention the bendable plastic cutting boards.  I thought of them, too, after my last post the other day.  I have two and one is in sad shape, so I would gladly recycle it for this purpose. 

At this point, I'm not buying the cages, but I'll never say never in case something hits as-is or clearance and the mood strikes.  :-)

Honored Contributor

@SHOPR wrote:

@Marsha2003, Funny you should mention the bendable plastic cutting boards.  I thought of them, too, after my last post the other day.  I have two and one is in sad shape, so I would gladly recycle it for this purpose. 

At this point, I'm not buying the cages, but I'll never say never in case something hits as-is or clearance and the mood strikes.  :-)

@SHOPR  I considered it for a second, but noticed that the bunnies can't be seen as a whole, one either sees one or sees the other, but not both at the same time, due to the shape of the lantern, so not for me.

Respected Contributor

I haven't seen this one presented yet; I really like it!  I think 5" by 4" seems a bit small for what I want it for.  Maybe she will present it tonight.  Anyone else interested?

Pierced 5" Candle Holder by Valerie - H291182

New

Pierced 5" Candle Holder by Valerie

$28.00