Honored Contributor

Re: New Stock Added VPH Easter

wrote:

wrote:

@Coopsmommy ~ Thanks for the heads up!  I went a bit crazy at Pier 1 recently with all their Easter/Spring items so I'm trying to be really careful but........I'm only human, lol!

@Mominohio ~ I hear you with getting the new Spring items available.  Easter is so early this year ~ April 1st!  I was in HomeGoods yesterday and they didn't have a single Spring item out.  It sounds like the holiday is way off, but it's just around the corner.  Once I take down Valentine's Day I will have the Easter decorations out for a month and a half only.  Hardly seems worth it.  I might skip Easter and go straight into a "generic" Spring theme.

@Julie928  I am still dismantling Christmas, lol.  My bunnies won't come out of hibernation until March. Smiley Happy

@mousiegirl  I still have a few pieces of Christmas hanging around waiting to go into storage.  I haven't brought out any bunnies as they don't go well with my remaining winter or Christmas stuff.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

wrote:

wrote:

wrote:

@Coopsmommy ~ Thanks for the heads up!  I went a bit crazy at Pier 1 recently with all their Easter/Spring items so I'm trying to be really careful but........I'm only human, lol!

@Mominohio ~ I hear you with getting the new Spring items available.  Easter is so early this year ~ April 1st!  I was in HomeGoods yesterday and they didn't have a single Spring item out.  It sounds like the holiday is way off, but it's just around the corner.  Once I take down Valentine's Day I will have the Easter decorations out for a month and a half only.  Hardly seems worth it.  I might skip Easter and go straight into a "generic" Spring theme.

@Julie928  I am still dismantling Christmas, lol.  My bunnies won't come out of hibernation until March. Smiley Happy

@mousiegirl  I still have a few pieces of Christmas hanging around waiting to go into storage.  I haven't brought out any bunnies as they don't go well with my remaining winter or Christmas stuff.

@lucymo  Good to hear from you. Smiley Happy  What have you been up to?  Here is what I have been doing.

I mentioned I bought a faux tree.  I took the living room tree down, and put the faux tree in it's place.  It had white lights, which I don't want in the living room, so I cut them all off of the tree, still have a little at the top so will do that when DH takes it apart this weekend.  the lights has squished the branches, so I straightened all out and the tree became wider and more easy to decorate, I think. It isn't as wide as a real tree can be, but I will try it in October or so, and if I don't like how it looks with all ornaments, will take it down and use it somewhere else at some time, or when we get too old for a real tree, lol.

I took ornaments off of one of the dining room trees, so have two more to do, one is very small.  Then, the kitchen, holy moly, what a job that will be, lol.

The weather was beautiful and warm today, so got a few hours of pruning and removing dead leaves, and when the weather s so nice, then I get antsy to t take Christmas/Winter down, but it will take another month.

Now that bunnies are being spoken of, I may wait until later this year to post my Christmas decor, so I will be a year behind, lol.  I may not do Easter, but do as I did last year, Spring, using white bunnies, lanterns, and pastels, just not eggs, not sure yet.

I bought some more Fairy garden items at zulily, so am thinking of doing that this year, it will be different from the first Summer Fairy garden I created.

I told DH he has to get the rec room finished, but am already planning to have him plant a few plants this Sunday, hope it doesn't cause a sciatica attack.  He admitted that my getting the Teeter Inversion Table was a great idea, he uses it every day.  I think after a while of weeding, I will need it, lol.

Christmas morning. Smiley Happy

DSCF5666.JPG

Honored Contributor

wrote:

wrote:

wrote:

wrote:

@lucymo  Good to hear from you. Smiley Happy  What have you been up to?  Here is what I have been doing.

I mentioned I bought a faux tree.  I took the living room tree down, and put the faux tree in it's place.  It had white lights, which I don't want in the living room, so I cut them all off of the tree, still have a little at the top so will do that when DH takes it apart this weekend.  the lights has squished the branches, so I straightened all out and the tree became wider and more easy to decorate, I think. It isn't as wide as a real tree can be, but I will try it in October or so, and if I don't like how it looks with all ornaments, will take it down and use it somewhere else at some time, or when we get too old for a real tree, lol.

I took ornaments off of one of the dining room trees, so have two more to do, one is very small.  Then, the kitchen, holy moly, what a job that will be, lol.

The weather was beautiful and warm today, so got a few hours of pruning and removing dead leaves, and when the weather s so nice, then I get antsy to t take Christmas/Winter down, but it will take another month.

Now that bunnies are being spoken of, I may wait until later this year to post my Christmas decor, so I will be a year behind, lol.  I may not do Easter, but do as I did last year, Spring, using white bunnies, lanterns, and pastels, just not eggs, not sure yet.

I bought some more Fairy garden items at zulily, so am thinking of doing that this year, it will be different from the first Summer Fairy garden I created.

I told DH he has to get the rec room finished, but am already planning to have him plant a few plants this Sunday, hope it doesn't cause a sciatica attack.  He admitted that my getting the Teeter Inversion Table was a great idea, he uses it every day.  I think after a while of weeding, I will need it, lol.

DSCF5666.JPG

@mousiegirl  Good to chat with you too.  I've been sick for over a week so nothing has been done to get our lives reorganized after Christmas.  I am suffering from an extended period of Vertigo along with a viral infection but do believe I'm on the mend.

We have had some really nice days in the 60's but cold again now with winter weather coming up for the weekend.  Reading that you are working outside makes me wish for spring here when all of those daylilies bloom.  We cut back our gardens last year since I'm unable to bend and stoop much now but have lots of daylilies to enjoy.

My word, woman, you nearly remade that Christmas tree.  I always use white lights inside but people like different colors. We should have traded trees as I have removed multi lights from a tree for a Gd that we gave her for her house. I removed the clips and took forever.

We will bring out a few bunnies and eggs when house is totally free of winter and Christmas.  I'm not planning to do a lot for Easter this year.  I haven't removed the evergreen wreaths yet.

Take care and we'll be ready when spring calls.  I can't wait for warm, fresh breezes, and all the bugs and allergies.  LOL

Honored Contributor

wrote:

wrote:

wrote:

wrote:

wrote:

DSCF5666.JPG

@mousiegirl  Good to chat with you too.  I've been sick for over a week so nothing has been done to get our lives reorganized after Christmas.  I am suffering from an extended period of Vertigo along with a viral infection but do believe I'm on the mend.

We have had some really nice days in the 60's but cold again now with winter weather coming up for the weekend.  Reading that you are working outside makes me wish for spring here when all of those daylilies bloom.  We cut back our gardens last year since I'm unable to bend and stoop much now but have lots of daylilies to enjoy.

My word, woman, you nearly remade that Christmas tree.  I always use white lights inside but people like different colors. We should have traded trees as I have removed multi lights from a tree for a Gd that we gave her for her house. I removed the clips and took forever.

We will bring out a few bunnies and eggs when house is totally free of winter and Christmas.  I'm not planning to do a lot for Easter this year.  I haven't removed the evergreen wreaths yet.

Take care and we'll be ready when spring calls.  I can't wait for warm, fresh breezes, and all the bugs and allergies.  LOL

@lucymo  So sorry to hear you got a double whammy, just miserable to be sick, and with vertigo, I can't imagine.  I find myself tilting at times, lol, not as graceful as I once was.

I am not buying plants this year, and I mean it, lol, have decided to just deal with the plants I have that are still in pots and need to go into the ground.  I did buy a set of three patio plants at zulily, eggplant, tomatoes, and a red chili pepper, am curious to see just how much fruit they will bear.

Take care. Smiley Happy

Super Contributor

I was hoping Valerie would post a preview of  some of her items ...

Honored Contributor

wrote:

I was hoping Valerie would post a preview of  some of her items ...

@classic  She will, probably Sunday.

Honored Contributor

I believe Valerie said on FB she would post a sneak peek tomorrow morning, which would be Sunday.

Esteemed Contributor

wrote:

I think Valerie and Q are really dropping the ball with spring and Easter decor this year. 

I haven't seen a single thing I would even consider buying. 

Perhaps I just don't need anything and I'm not at all into pastel colors in my home, even for the Easter season (I have a few things that are pastel, and use them, but don't really love them). 

Saving me a ton of money, so not really complaining, but her line is of less interest to me as time passes. That timeless and classic style she was known for just isn't there in most of her offerings anymore. 

i don't decorate with pastels, either....just melt lighter scent tarts...that's it for me during spring and summer decorating!!

Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl  Your dogs are too cute. They remind me of a dog we had when I was a kid. Are they related?

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

wrote:

@mousiegirl  Your dogs are too cute. They remind me of a dog we had when I was a kid. Are they related?

@colliemom4  No, the girl is a Golden Yorkie, I believe, and the male is terrier, I think Poodle, and who knows what else, some breed that has the curled over back tail and long coat, but he has ringlets and if not brushed, his fur turns into cords which would turn into mats.  He is always jumping up, think that is poodle, and maybe his coat, partially poodle, lol.  The tip on one of his ears seems to have been cut off, unless he was born that way, but I doubt it.  He has a fox face, really a beautiful dog, so different looking than when I adopted him, didn't have his adult coat then.

He was listed as Fox Terrier mix, but the only attribute resembling that breed is that he is possessive of his toys and entertains himself, but this could apply to other breeds.  He has the best sense of smell, willing to please and obedient, very intelligent, the girl has a mind of her own, and is not obedient, and if she ever is, she couldn't walk any slower when I tell her to come, lol.  She once chased five deer off of the property, scared me to pieces, so funny in retrospect, but then I was terrified, lol.

When I saw her, crouched, staring at the deer staring back at her, a standoff, I tried to get her, but off she took, thought I would never see her again, but she came back, toodling along, with me calling her name over and over.  This dog keeps me on my toes to say the least, lol.