Reply
Honored Contributor
Posts: 12,759
Registered: ‎09-08-2010

Re: New Stock Added VPH Easter


wrote:

wrote:

@mousiegirl  Your dogs are too cute. They remind me of a dog we had when I was a kid. Are they related?


 

 

@colliemom4  No, the girl is a Golden Yorkie, I believe, and the male is terrier, I think Poodle, and who knows what else, some breed that has the curled over back tail and long coat, but he has ringlets and if not brushed, his fur turns into cords which would turn into mats.  He is always jumping up, think that is poodle, and maybe his coat, partially poodle, lol.  The tip on one of his ears seems to have been cut off, unless he was born that way, but I doubt it.  He has a fox face, really a beautiful dog, so different looking than when I adopted him, didn't have his adult coat then.

 

He was listed as Fox Terrier mix, but the only attribute resembling that breed is that he is possessive of his toys and entertains himself, but this could apply to other breeds.  He has the best sense of smell, willing to please and obedient, very intelligent, the girl has a mind of her own, and is not obedient, and if she ever is, she couldn't walk any slower when I tell her to come, lol.  She once chases five deer off of the property, scared me to pieces, so funny in retrospect, but then I was terrified, lol.

 

When I saw her, crouched, staring at the deer staring back at her, a standoff, I tried to get her, but off she took, thought I would never see her again, but she came back, toodling along, with me calling her name over and over.  This dog keeps me on my toes to say the least, lol.


@mousiegirl  They are both pretty dogs. It's funny that my male dogs have all been obedient, but the girls are disobedient like your female pup lol. The one I have now is sweet, but certainly knows how to get her way. She runs from me too, and is big, so it's not always easy to get control of her. I still get a kick out of her antics, even though she drives me crazy.

 

We had a raccoon out here one night and she chased it up a tree and barked and barked and barked. I thought she'd never shut up. I finally got her inside. I don't know what happened to the coon. I never saw it again. It's the first one I've ever seen here and I've lived here for a long time. Possums used to come around quite frequently, but I haven't seen any of those lately either. I think one of my neighbors is trapping them and  taking them elsewhere. That's pretty wild about your pup chasing the deer!

Honored Contributor
Posts: 34,460
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: New Stock Added VPH Easter


wrote:

wrote:

wrote:

@mousiegirl  Your dogs are too cute. They remind me of a dog we had when I was a kid. Are they related?


 

 

@colliemom4  No, the girl is a Golden Yorkie, I believe, and the male is terrier, I think Poodle, and who knows what else, some breed that has the curled over back tail and long coat, but he has ringlets and if not brushed, his fur turns into cords which would turn into mats.  He is always jumping up, think that is poodle, and maybe his coat, partially poodle, lol.  The tip on one of his ears seems to have been cut off, unless he was born that way, but I doubt it.  He has a fox face, really a beautiful dog, so different looking than when I adopted him, didn't have his adult coat then.

 

He was listed as Fox Terrier mix, but the only attribute resembling that breed is that he is possessive of his toys and entertains himself, but this could apply to other breeds.  He has the best sense of smell, willing to please and obedient, very intelligent, the girl has a mind of her own, and is not obedient, and if she ever is, she couldn't walk any slower when I tell her to come, lol.  She once chases five deer off of the property, scared me to pieces, so funny in retrospect, but then I was terrified, lol.

 

When I saw her, crouched, staring at the deer staring back at her, a standoff, I tried to get her, but off she took, thought I would never see her again, but she came back, toodling along, with me calling her name over and over.  This dog keeps me on my toes to say the least, lol.


@mousiegirl  They are both pretty dogs. It's funny that my male dogs have all been obedient, but the girls are disobedient like your female pup lol. The one I have now is sweet, but certainly knows how to get her way. She runs from me too, and is big, so it's not always easy to get control of her. I still get a kick out of her antics, even though she drives me crazy.

 

We had a raccoon out here one night and she chased it up a tree and barked and barked and barked. I thought she'd never shut up. I finally got her inside. I don't know what happened to the coon. I never saw it again. It's the first one I've ever seen here and I've lived here for a long time. Possums used to come around quite frequently, but I haven't seen any of those lately either. I think one of my neighbors is trapping them and  taking them elsewhere. That's pretty wild about your pup chasing the deer!


 

@colliemom4  LOL re the barking.  Good thing it was a raccoon and not a skunk.  Years ago, I sent my then dogs out to do their business before bed, next I knew, one was racing toward the house, and I soon found out why, S K U N K, never smelled one before.  I had heard that tomato juice will take the odor out until a bath, but I only had boxes of chopped tomatoes, so doused him in that, so after drying off, he went to bed with tomato bits in his fur, lol, scrubbed him down the next day.  He was the Sheltie mix I think I told you about over a year ago. Smiley Happy

 

Mine only bark when someone arrives, but when I fetch them every day from their patch, the male starts barking, and he is loud, in excitement, and won't stop no matter what I say, until we get inside.  Sometimes, he keeps it up trying to get the girl to play with him, drives me crazy, so loud,  he thinks it's funny, lol.

Respected Contributor
Posts: 3,418
Registered: ‎04-27-2015

Re: New Stock Added VPH Easter


wrote:

@Coopsmommy  I saw these at Kirklands last weekend.  They reminded me of VPH decor.  I believe they are just under $40 (before any promotions), but might not have timers that the VPH items always have.  They were really cute, but I have too much Easter decor items already.

 

eggs.jpg


@CAcableGirl2 love these but they are not on timers, a deal breaker for me. Saves me some money.

Honored Contributor
Posts: 12,759
Registered: ‎09-08-2010

Re: New Stock Added VPH Easter

[ Edited ]

@mousiegirl  I don't recall you telling me about the skunk though you may have. Oh my! LOL! I've never smelled one either and don't want to. I hope they stay off of your property. There's a cat that's been coming around here and I don't know if it's a stray or what, but my dog barks SO much when she sees it through the window. She's chased it before but it's too fast for her. Anyhow, that's the worst barking she does is when she sees another animal lol. Not a dog. She wants to be friends with almost all other dogs, but hates cats and other critters and just wants to chase them.

Honored Contributor
Posts: 34,460
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: New Stock Added VPH Easter


wrote:

@mousiegirl  I don't recall you telling me about the skunk though you may have. Oh my! LOL! I've never smelled one either and don't want to. I hope they stay off of your property. There's a cat that's been coming around here and I don't know if it's a stray or what, but my dog barks SO much when she sees it through the window. She's chased it before but it's too fast for her. Anyhow, that's the worst barking she does is when she sees another animal lol. Not a dog. She wants to be friends with almost all other dogs, but hates cats and other critters and just wants to chase them.


 

@colliemom4  One night, about three or so years ago, I was standing at the kitchen sink and saw something that my mind couldn't comprehend immediately, knew it was a critter though.  Well, it was a huge skunk with an enormous wide tail, so grabbed my camera.  I had never seen such a big one.  On the road, I often smell them as they get hit by cars.  

 

At my previous house, I was watching a small tv on the patio, and motion caught my eye.  I saw a small skunk, not an adult, eating out of the dishes that I left for a feral cat.  No one moved so quickly and quietly as I did to get back into the house, lol.  I stopped leaving dishes of food outside, and let the cat come into the garage from the yard to eat, then closed the door.  One morning, I found a lot of raccoon marks on the door, trying to get inside to the food and that was in a normal neighborhood, not in a  woodsy area as I live now. 

 

The odor could wake the dead, lol.  One night I sat straight up out of a sleep and said, "skunk," then ran around closing all windows, lol.

Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 5,119
Registered: ‎06-06-2011

Re: New Stock Added VPH Easter

@mousiegirl  As soon as I saw the picture of your fur babies, I smiled. The little one on the left looks like our little Frisco. He is a rescue and listed as cairn/norwich terrier. He is adorable. We adopted him about five years ago and he is the apple of my eye.

 

FRISCO.jpg

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Honored Contributor
Posts: 12,759
Registered: ‎09-08-2010

Re: New Stock Added VPH Easter


wrote:

wrote:

@mousiegirl  I don't recall you telling me about the skunk though you may have. Oh my! LOL! I've never smelled one either and don't want to. I hope they stay off of your property. There's a cat that's been coming around here and I don't know if it's a stray or what, but my dog barks SO much when she sees it through the window. She's chased it before but it's too fast for her. Anyhow, that's the worst barking she does is when she sees another animal lol. Not a dog. She wants to be friends with almost all other dogs, but hates cats and other critters and just wants to chase them.


 

@colliemom4  One night, about three or so years ago, I was standing at the kitchen sink and saw something that my mind couldn't comprehend immediately, knew it was a critter though.  Well, it was a huge skunk with an enormous wide tail, so grabbed my camera.  I had never seen such a big one.  On the road, I often smell them as they get hit by cars.  

 

At my previous house, I was watching a small tv on the patio, and motion caught my eye.  I saw a small skunk, not an adult, eating out of the dishes that I left for a feral cat.  No one moved so quickly and quietly as I did to get back into the house, lol.  I stopped leaving dishes of food outside, and let the cat come into the garage from the yard to eat, then closed the door.  One morning, I found a lot of raccoon marks on the door, trying to get inside to the food and that was in a normal neighborhood, not in a  woodsy area as I live now. 

 

The odor could wake the dead, lol.  One night I sat straight up out of a sleep and said, "skunk," then ran around closing all windows, lol.


@mousiegirl  Oh wow! You know I'm surprised I haven't seen one. I've lived in various areas with lots of wildlife. I used to see just about everything in the house I lived in before moving here. It was in a neighborhood but it backed up to a heavily wooded area. I stopped leaving any type food outside also. It does attract other animals and mice.

Respected Contributor
Posts: 2,852
Registered: ‎06-03-2010

Re: New Stock Added VPH Easter

@panda1234  Also a deal breaker for me.  I saw very similar at BB&B today, but no timer either.

 

I did buy some really pretty candles at Kirklands a few years ago and they don't have timers so I never seem to use them  I guess I'm spoiled but I want them to go on and off without assistance.  And now I've discovered Luminara so those will probably get donated.

 

 



......You look like I need a drink.....
Honored Contributor
Posts: 12,759
Registered: ‎09-08-2010

Re: New Stock Added VPH Easter


wrote:

@mousiegirl  As soon as I saw the picture of your fur babies, I smiled. The little one on the left looks like our little Frisco. He is a rescue and listed as cairn/norwich terrier. He is adorable. We adopted him about five years ago and he is the apple of my eye.

 

FRISCO.jpg


@twopeas  That face! What an adorable dog!

Honored Contributor
Posts: 34,460
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: New Stock Added VPH Easter


wrote:

@mousiegirl  As soon as I saw the picture of your fur babies, I smiled. The little one on the left looks like our little Frisco. He is a rescue and listed as cairn/norwich terrier. He is adorable. We adopted him about five years ago and he is the apple of my eye.

 

FRISCO.jpg


 

 

@twopeas  He is adorable!  Smiley Happy  Smiley Happy  Smiley Happy