Super Contributor

Hi Fellow Decor Addicts,

I noticed that several of the items Valerie had last year are back in stock. The foiled egg wreath/garland/ornaments/candle rings, the illuminated egg cottage, the set of 3 bunnies/ eggs/chicks. Quite a few.......thought I would let you all know in case you missed something last year. Not that I'm an enabler though......lol!

Honored Contributor

Re: New Stock Added VPH Easter

I think Valerie and Q are really dropping the ball with spring and Easter decor this year. 

I haven't seen a single thing I would even consider buying. 

Perhaps I just don't need anything and I'm not at all into pastel colors in my home, even for the Easter season (I have a few things that are pastel, and use them, but don't really love them). 

Saving me a ton of money, so not really complaining, but her line is of less interest to me as time passes. That timeless and classic style she was known for just isn't there in most of her offerings anymore. 

Trusted Contributor

She's only listed 2 new items since her last show, so it seems unfair to pass judegement on what's coming up yet for the season.

Honored Contributor

The last sentence in post number two relates to now and the past couple of years in general. 

They are showing me less and less of 'classic Valerie' which is what I and many others fell in love with, and still look for in home decor. 

I hold little hope that much of what they bring out this season (which by the way they had better get moving on, if there is a lot more to come) will be any different than the last few spring seasons. 

Trusted Contributor

I guess I'm just an optimist and giving her the benefit of the doubt.  The alternative might be for me to go on her Facebook page and write long essays about how wonderful she is, then come here and complain and write negative things about her collection.  I wouldn't want to be that person.

Trusted Contributor

@Coopsmommy ~ Thanks for the heads up!  I went a bit crazy at Pier 1 recently with all their Easter/Spring items so I'm trying to be really careful but........I'm only human, lol!

@Mominohio ~ I hear you with getting the new Spring items available.  Easter is so early this year ~ April 1st!  I was in HomeGoods yesterday and they didn't have a single Spring item out.  It sounds like the holiday is way off, but it's just around the corner.  Once I take down Valentine's Day I will have the Easter decorations out for a month and a half only.  Hardly seems worth it.  I might skip Easter and go straight into a "generic" Spring theme.

Honored Contributor

wrote:

@Coopsmommy ~ Thanks for the heads up!  I went a bit crazy at Pier 1 recently with all their Easter/Spring items so I'm trying to be really careful but........I'm only human, lol!

@Mominohio ~ I hear you with getting the new Spring items available.  Easter is so early this year ~ April 1st!  I was in HomeGoods yesterday and they didn't have a single Spring item out.  It sounds like the holiday is way off, but it's just around the corner.  Once I take down Valentine's Day I will have the Easter decorations out for a month and a half only.  Hardly seems worth it.  I might skip Easter and go straight into a "generic" Spring theme.

@Julie928  I am still dismantling Christmas, lol.  My bunnies won't come out of hibernation until March. Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

@Coopsmommy  I saw these at Kirklands last weekend.  They reminded me of VPH decor.  I believe they are just under $40 (before any promotions), but might not have timers that the VPH items always have.  They were really cute, but I have too much Easter decor items already.

eggs.jpg

......You look like I need a drink.....
Honored Contributor

Over the years I have gotten some very cute things from VPH but my absolute all time favorites are a set of three chicks. They are ceramic. About 4" tall & 4 " wide as they are very chubby chicks.One has an umbrella, one has bunny ears on and I can't remember what the third one is doing. They are adorable. Very cute faces.

Unfortunately , they are already packed to be moved so I won't have them out this year.

Honored Contributor

I'd love to see some tulips rather than bunnies and eggs.