Respected Contributor

Re: New Martha Stewart Christmas Items Posted

@itsmetoo Originally, the pine cones were offered in brown, caramel and white.  It looks like the brown was the most popular and sold out.

Respected Contributor

@Marsha2003 wrote:

I was hoping for Luminara figurals so I'm pleased to see these.  However, I wish they had done the trees in a dark green and I wish they had offered the pinecones as two of the same size.  Because the prices are so high, I don't know if I'm willing to buy two sets of pine cones just to get the sizes I want.

I like the snowflake door hanging, but I looked at the back and I cannot see how you are supposed to hang the thing.  Can anybody give me a clue?

@Marsha2003   -  Just went and looked at the pictures online of the snowflake wreaths, hope that's what you're talking about.  If you pick the picture of the back (which shows the battery pack), zoom into the picture and look at the tops of the tips.  There is a greenery loop (it's kind of hard to see) and on some pictures it's not located at the top (they rotated the wreath).  On the waitlisted wreath, the loop is pictured on far left (9:00).  On another, it's pictured at 12:00.  Just kind of look around for it, but definately zoom into the picture or you'll miss it.  Sorry so longwinded, but hope that helps.

Respected Contributor

@IlliniGirl88 wrote:

@Marsha2003 wrote:

I was hoping for Luminara figurals so I'm pleased to see these.  However, I wish they had done the trees in a dark green and I wish they had offered the pinecones as two of the same size.  Because the prices are so high, I don't know if I'm willing to buy two sets of pine cones just to get the sizes I want.

I like the snowflake door hanging, but I looked at the back and I cannot see how you are supposed to hang the thing.  Can anybody give me a clue?

@Marsha2003   -  Just went and looked at the pictures online of the snowflake wreaths, hope that's what you're talking about.  If you pick the picture of the back (which shows the battery pack), zoom into the picture and look at the tops of the tips.  There is a greenery loop (it's kind of hard to see) and on some pictures it's not located at the top (they rotated the wreath).  On the waitlisted wreath, the loop is pictured on far left (9:00).  On another, it's pictured at 12:00.  Just kind of look around for it, but definately zoom into the picture or you'll miss it.  Sorry so longwinded, but hope that helps.

@IlliniGirl88 Thank you.  I thought I looked carefully, but I missed the loops.  Good sleuthing...much appreciated.

Respected Contributor

@Marsha2003
I have brown and caramel in my cart. I actually have 12 items in my cart trying to decide if I’m going to get anything. I really like the pine cones and didn’t get any of the ones she had last year. I do have Valerie’s set of 3 champagne ones. But by selling them in a set of two sizes, it almost makes you have to get 2 sets. And then do you mix and match the colors or get all the same?? I like that the pine cones aren’t just for Christmas..

Same issue with the wax trees. I’d want more than one, but then it just gets too pricey to where I won’t get any. Can’t decide what size or color I want so forget it.

I love the deer. They look much nicer than the paper thin ones I got last year that arrived broken. But I already have the Scott brothers ones and that’s good enough.

Anyone have her bottlebrush trees?

I am tempted to forget everything and splurge on a Jim Shore nativity set I’ve been eyeing. I’ve been wanting a nice set and don’t need much else decor wise. But I wouldn’t mind some trees or something to accent the nativity set.
Trusted Contributor

@Marsha2003 wrote:

@itsmetoo Originally, the pine cones were offered in brown, caramel and white.  It looks like the brown was the most popular and sold out.

@Marsha2003 

Ah - thank you!  Well, that's what I get for missing the show.  Guess I saved myself some money today!

Esteemed Contributor

@Marsha2003 wrote:

-------------------

That is exactly what I told my DD.  I wanted the pinecones, but two of the same height!!  And the trees did not look green enough for me... did not buy, but wanted to!!

Esteemed Contributor

I really wanted to catch this show but missed it.  

FYI I think it is this particular show (at least I hope so) that re-airs on QVC3 7/26 and 7/27...and so on...so check out the program guide if anyone wants to watch it.  

What a beautifully shaped tree!  I've got my mind and heart set on Valerie's slim glistening multi incandescent tree, but if it didn't exist, I would probably be longing for this natural tree in 5 ft multi flocked.  Very pretty shape compared to other artificial trees I have seen.  

Respected Contributor

I love the winter collection of picks, garland and wreath with the eucalyptus leaves and pheasant feathers, but I absolutely cannot start another color story for Christmas decorations.  I think I’m going to go buy the sunglasses I’ve been wanting and stop viewing the CIJ items.  At least I can use the sunglasses all year long.

Esteemed Contributor

@DecorDiva  Oh my goodness! I don't remember when I so consistently loved everything in one collection! I watched off and on at work today (don't tell!), Loved the realistic trees, the snowflake wreaths, the Liminara figurals, the jewelled snowflakes.... everything! The prices are a bit high for me to justify buying anything, since I really don't have any room for new items. But the vignettes she put together on the mantle and tables were captivating.

Honored Contributor

I got the pinecone tree in the urn. It looks gorgeous! Plus it’s on five easy pay. LOL I will make it my centerpiece fall decoration on the sofa table. I can honestly say that over the 25 years or so that I’ve purchased stuff from her line, I’ve never been disappointed in the quality of anything I received.