Honored Contributor

Small ivory is the only one to arrive as of yet.

But I think I'm in love!!!

20170720_154718.jpg

Honored Contributor

Re: New Luminara frosted candle

I have the taller ivory, and both sizes in gold on the way, but they seem to be really slow getting them out!

I will say, they are made of much thinner glass than I expected. Nice and fat though. The frosting of the glass is well done, and evenly applied. Gives off a really beautiful glow, and looks so realistic. 

I'm going to watch for As Is and see if I can pick up the red much cheaper.

I highly recommend these!

Honored Contributor

@Mominohio  Hi, thanks for the review.  I feel better knowing that the frost is well done as I've seen some that isn't.  I have two six inch in both ivory and gold on the way. I'm anxious to hear your thoughts on the gold ones.  I'm hoping they can be everyday as well as fall.  I'm glad you love your ivory.  Looks great with the candlering and I have that too.  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

It looks nice.

Honored Contributor

@Mominohio  Thanks for sharing the info on the new frosted Luminara candle. It looks perfect in your home...which BTW, took me back to the late 60's at my Grandmother's home...Wow! Seriously...almost everything...the antiques and she loved/decorated with the color mauve. That put me back nearly 50 yrs!

Honored Contributor

@lucymo wrote:

@Mominohio  Hi, thanks for the review.  I feel better knowing that the frost is well done as I've seen some that isn't.  I have two six inch in both ivory and gold on the way. I'm anxious to hear your thoughts on the gold ones.  I'm hoping they can be everyday as well as fall.  I'm glad you love your ivory.  Looks great with the candlering and I have that too.  Smiley Happy

I'm really anxious @lucymo to get the gold ones as well. They seemed to change shades, depending on what they were shown with, which kind of makes me wonder....

I have to say I really love the look in person of these ivory with the VPH candle rings I showed here. In my mind, they are suitable like that from right after Thanksgiving on till Easter time in my neck of the woods. I will have to take that garland and candle ring up soon, and put them away for winter, but I just can't get enough of looking at them right now. I really (really really....) like this set. Was so excited to see all pieces back this year. I wish she had done a wreath in this line, as I would have loved to put it on the table with a hurricane inside it. 

Trusted Contributor

@Susan Louise wrote:

@Mominohio  Thanks for sharing the info on the new frosted Luminara candle. It looks perfect in your home...which BTW, took me back to the late 60's at my Grandmother's home...Wow! Seriously...almost everything...the antiques and she loved/decorated with the color mauve. That put me back nearly 50 yrs!

@Susan Louise I couldn't think of what the photo reminded me of, and bingo, when I read your post I remembered that it looks so much like my great grandmother's house.  I remember visiting her when I was young back in the 1970's.  We called her "Baba," and she would always go to her ladies writing desk and take out a 50 cent piece that she'd present to me before I would leave.  I can almost smell the Shalimar mixed with Vick's Cough Drops.

Honored Contributor

@Mominohio wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

I'm really anxious @lucymo to get the gold ones as well. They seemed to change shades, depending on what they were shown with, which kind of makes me wonder....

I have to say I really love the look in person of these ivory with the VPH candle rings I showed here. In my mind, they are suitable like that from right after Thanksgiving on till Easter time in my neck of the woods. I will have to take that garland and candle ring up soon, and put them away for winter, but I just can't get enough of looking at them right now. I really (really really....) like this set. Was so excited to see all pieces back this year. I wish she had done a wreath in this line, as I would have loved to put it on the table with a hurricane inside it. 

@Mominohio  With your rave review of this, you could almost talk me into buying it, but alas, you did not, lol, I have so many hurricanes, candles, and luminaries, I quit, lol!

Frequent Contributor

On your high recommendation I just ordered a set in the ivory.  I have hopes of using the tallest one with my Kringle Express Regal Reindeer Holder, as I wasn't thrilled with the type of candle that came with the reindeer holder. Loved the outside design on the Kringle candle but NOT the flame.  Luminara spoils one, and  I am hoping this will be a good choice to go with the pearl holder.  Fingers crossed.

Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

@Mominohio wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@Mominohio  With your rave review of this, you could almost talk me into buying it, but alas, you did not, lol, I have so many hurricanes, candles, and luminaries, I quit, lol!

@mousiegirl

How about I send you my address, and you mail me some of that self control you seem to be hoarding up!!!?? LOL