Trusted Contributor

Need tree skirt suggestions

[ Edited ]

I’m never satisfied with my tree skirts. I have purchased several but it’s never quite right for me. I need white or silver and maybe some gold if it’s right. What do you use for tree skirt? Have you found something that works for you?

Thanks every to all my holiday forum friends!

Thanks for everyone’s suggestions. It was really helpful and fun to hear your suggestions. I knew you guys would have some creative ideas. I’ll be looking now with a wider scope of ideas for what I can use for a tree skirt. Sheets, throws, cloth, lights, batting, snow , table cloths etc. Sounds like fun. Maybe I can get it right this year. . Again thanks for taking the time to reply. Love this forum!

Respected Contributor

Re: Need tree skirt suggestions

@ladycos  when you purchase a new one, what is it that is not quite right?  could you get one that close and embellish it or something. 

personally i like a nice vintage looking tree. (from my childhood) so the skirt is felt, homeade, with hand stitched on embellishments.

Valued Contributor

Yes I have.  I have several tree skirts.  One I bought at TJ Maxx.  I think they probably have them there, also look at home goods, Target, etc.  For something more custom, take a look at Etsy. Just put silver tree skirt in the search box.  Many on there at various price points.  Also try Amazon. 

Trusted Contributor

@ladycos

I love use throws as a tree skirt.  I really love the look and you can *scrunch* it up to your liking. First time I tried it I was like you, in a jam and couldn't find a regular tree skirt that looked right. 

Respected Contributor

when i was a child, we always used a white sheet, as it looked like "snow".

Trusted Contributor

@itsmetoo
That’s sounds like a good idea. Because you are exactly on target with what don’t suit me.
I would like it to look scrunched up or a drape look to it. I had thought about buying cloth etc. I might experiment with a throw. I’ve bought skirts from T.J max and they are beautiful but just look skimpy to me. Thanks for the suggestion.
Esteemed Contributor

I purchased my gorgeous velveted plaid tree skirt from Bronner's Christmas Wonderland (online) several years ago; they always have a good selection and ship promptly.

Contributor

Years ago I couldn't find a tree skirt either so I bought a round Christmas tablecloth and cut a slit in it and drapped it around the tree.  The comforter suggestion is a good idea too.  But I was lucky to find a beautiful tree skirt later on at a Christmas craft show where there was a woman who sold all handmade items.  Still have it and I treasure it.  Wish you luck.

Honored Contributor

@ladycos

I had a hard time finding a new one too! I tried Hobby Lobby, Home Goods, T.J's, Marshalls, Target, At Home......Let me know if you find a nice one...........

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

I have a beautiful Christmas plaid tree skirt. Of course I have no idea where I bought it.