Esteemed Contributor

Need help from my Christmas decoration organizers

I am still able to do alot of decorating around the house and really enjoy it.

Do you put all the decorations for each room together or do you put lights....ornaments...ribbons....in their own bin?

Contributor

Re: Need help from my Christmas decoration organizers

I have labeled bins for each room. That way I only have disrupt one room at a time and only unpack 1 or 2 bins at a time.

Respected Contributor

I have my decorations divided by season:  Easter, Halloween, Fall/Thanksgiving and then Christmas.  All in plastic bins with lids.

Esteemed Contributor

I have always done the latter.   I find I like similar things to be together plus I sometimes change up room to room, so that would make me crazy!   Lights together, ornaments together, Christmas candles and table decor......etc.   I do have one bin with odd pieces that don't seem to belong anywhere!   We'll call it miscellaneous ,  LOL, It all works.

Respected Contributor

I keep similar things together. There are other times I might need a string of lights, for instance, so I know they're all in the same box and I don't have to go through several different ones to find what I'm after.

Super Contributor

A few years back I started storing things in the room that they are displayed in. I do this for everything except the trees. I have lots of storage ( bookcases with cupboards underneath, lots of drawers and closets, etc). It has saved me from hauling everything up and down and digging everything out when I only want to work on one room at a time. I usually do each room the same from year to year, so this works for me. 

Honored Contributor

I basically box everything up however it will go!  I do put all my nutcrackers together as I have quite a lot of them.  I don't always display my things in the same way or in the same room.  I admit to not being as organized as I should be, but it all works out in the end, so I'm not too concerned with it!  My big thing is just getting all the boxes carted out of the garage!  Whew --- what a chore that is!!!!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin