Valued Contributor

Re: Need decor for small places

One tip is get a lantern, like the candle impressions one. i add sprigs or garland inside  each season.

Respected Contributor

@traveler Thank you!  When I get tired of all the black & white I'll switch to another color combo lol and use the pieces I already have. 

Super Contributor

@rockygems123   Beautiful photos! I was sorry that I missed out on the midnight hurricanes with the etched trees by Valerie. Now that I saw how lovely yours look on your dining table, I'm really sorry! 😉 Enjoy!

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have lived in a small apartment and 2 smallish houses since marrying 30+ years ago.  After moving to our present house I downsized the Christmas tree to one of the slim style and I can still pack decorations on it.  Smiley Wink  There is a hutch in the kitchen so I wire a lighted garland over it and hang food and kitchen related ornaments.  I have one of Valerie Parr Hill's Christmas cloches that I leave out year round.  I put away the church and put something else inside.  Right now it has a small bird nest with fall leaves on it.  Other times it may have a glittered Eiffel Tower figurine.  I have 2 ceramic pumpkins on the floor near the TV and a cute painted fall screen in a frame that I switched out with the woven piece that is usually there.  The closets in this house are small but amazingly we have a 3 car garage which solves some of the storage issues.  Oh and in the bedroom I put a bottle brush tree placed in a china pitcher.  

Hutch resized.JPG

Trusted Contributor

Like many of you, I use the basics all year and jazz them up with place mats and runners, decorative toppers for lanterns, bows and lights to highlight select areas, and pillow covers. I use the same pillows on chairs and the sofa, but over the years have purchased seasonal and holiday covers that zip on and off. It is easy to add a holiday flair to a room with different covers, and they are easy to store too.  

Respected Contributor

@Zsazsa Thank you!  I think because the midnight hurricanes were such a hit Valerie will may try to bring them back. Plus she uses a lot of black accents in her home, hopefully she'll bring back even more black / midnight, would love that!

Honored Contributor

@traveler wrote:

For those of us who live in condos, apartments, rooms in assisted living we have little storage but still want decor. How about some ideas?  I downsized and donated a ton of stuff. Still have more to go. So looking for ideas to refresh.

@traveler   Did you notice that Valerie is selling the three mini houses that were on her tree that you asked about long ago?

Respected Contributor

@mousiegirlaand @traveler @ is the item #H224860?  They are the cutest houses in buffalo plaid! Ordered, thanks for the heads up

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Yes, thank you. I ordered the red/black ones. The white/black was already sold out. I decorate my fireplace mantle, top of a cabinet and 70" round table. So these will fit in.

Honored Contributor

@Wobin 

Love your cabinet!  I went to estate sale and they had "similar" one -- I was 10 minutes late in deciding☹️.  I'm still thinking about that darn piece!!!

I like your decorations too🙂