Respected Contributor

Need To Get The Christmas Stuff Down and Put Away!

[ Edited ]

As much as I've always loved decorating for Christmas and  still do, I'm anxious to get it all down and put away.  Usually, I do this sometime in the middle of January, but this year it's  getting on my nerves seeing it up.  Can't explain it or why I feel this way, especially this year, but I do.  Hope I'm not turning into a curmudgeon.  Anyone else feel the same?

Cinderella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!
Respected Contributor

Re: Need To Get The Christmas Stuff Down and Put Away!

@ciao_bella You made me laugh calling yourself a curmudgeon. 

This year I put up the bare minium of decorations & we took it down the day after Christmas.

I never thought I would turn into that old lady.

Honored Contributor

We keep it up till January 6, (today), the Epiphany,

What Is the Epiphany Meaning? When Is it Celebrated in 2024? - Parade

Respected Contributor

I can understand why you feel that way. Perhaps it's a feeling of needing to get out the old and in with the new?

I am keeping things up (including my artificial tree) at least until the end of January. I am hoping the lights and the bright will help keep my spirits up! January is a tough month and yet (another) birthday for me so I need all the help I can get! Smiley Very Happy

Respected Contributor

Last year, for the 1st time, I left the little Christmas village that I set up on my DR table out until Feburary. Removed all the obvious "Christmas" but left the houses, church & lights. I really enjoyed it and thought I would do the same this year. Nope! It was put away with everything else on Dec 31/Jan 1.

Who knows how I'll feel about it next year? I don't think that makes us "curmudgeouns"...every year is different!

Trusted Contributor

Mine came down today, I love Christmas and I'm so anxious to get it up (early), that by now I felt it was time to move on.

Honored Contributor

I do very little  decorating for Christmas,for the past several years,just me here, much different than it once was.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

Most of the people in my community leave their Christmas decor up until the second week of January at the very least.

Many people are orthodox Christian's  and don't celebrate Christmas until January 7....including my husband.

There is no rush to hurry up and take down the decor.  Most people also do not put up their Christmas decor before Dec 1.

If it were up to me, I wouldn't put up any decor at all.  I see no need for it.  My husband likes it, so he puts it up and takes it down.  I gave up a few years ago.  Most of our Christmas decor is still in boxes in the basement.  I should probably get rid of it.

Respected Contributor

We usually take down Christmas decorations New Years Day.  We were expected to go into a rain cycle after January 1st and thast would mean a delay in taking everything down on the outside because it would be wet.  And sure enough, we go the rain.  But I like to take it down as soon as possible regardless.

Esteemed Contributor

I'm the same way. I took everything down on New Year's Day....except this gorgeous decorated sled we have on our front porch. That's more of a winter decoration and will stay up for another week or so. I couldn't wait to take everything down this year for some reason.